1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$10 an inch? Residentials

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Todd Wilmsen, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Todd Wilmsen

Todd Wilmsen Junior Member
    from Midwest

This maybe crazy but what's everyones thoughts on $10 an inch for residentials?

This would solve the last minute caller that left 8" and decides to call. Now that would be $80. It's alot more work, it's fair and fairly accurate.
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

with a 1 inch trigger?

You can plow a drive for $10?

Most residential are seasonal or per push with an allowance for heavy snow totals..
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i suppose that would work if you were only charging non customers that price, but if thats your price to plow out someone who calles at the end of a bad storm then sure, go for it.
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

What about the difference between a suburban developement, or someone with a 1/8-1/4 mile long drive??
  5. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

What about this.
    I charge a flat rate for most residentials. Last year it was $50.00. That was for the drive way and sidewalks. How about a min, up to so many inches, then $10.00 per additional inch.
    Maybe something like $50.00 for the first 6 inches then $10.00 per additional inch.
    Seems like that would help alot with heavy snows where you may want to run your route more then once.
    That would seemingly work for longer drives also, If you have a 1/4 mile driveway, that might be 75 to 100 bucks for the first 6 inches then 10 or 20 bucks more for every additional inch.
    Just a thought.
    Overall, I have given up the whole bid per inch thing and just use a flat per hour rate with a a minimum charge.
    I have quite doing residentials too, except for realtors that give me 24 hours after the snow stops to clear the houses.