1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10.5hp Briggs & Stratton Intek w/AVS

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by drivewaydoctor, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

Well I picked up my AirFlo Stainless Steel salter (8') today and well it needs some elbow grease... No pun intended... My friend (he is dead now) left it sitting with salt on it... 2 years... The motor was just bought before my friend killed himself so the motor is only 2 years old... But many I can't budge it and I have been hosing it down with penetrate all day.

Can anyone give me some advice on this thing? Anyone nearby that wouldnt mind having a look at it?

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check the oil probally has toooo much in it from tha gas bypassing in to the oil from sitting

3. but I hooked jumper cables to the starter motor and the motor just hums... Nothing turns over...

4. bump - nothing?

5. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like the starter motors frozen up from siting. No pull cord on it?

6. lol Good question. THe pull cord is broken. It is all the way out and wont retract...

BTW, my dodge ram this salter is in came from Cape Cod Mass...

7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Did you try turn pulley or shaft that mount to engine.

Did you try remove puller rope cover and use socket to turn flywheel.

8. I cant get the cover off the flywheel because the bolts are so badly rusted from sitting so long without being hosed off.

I tried to turn the shaft but I cant because the chain and everything is pretty rusted up.

Can I use a torch on the shaft and chain to try and loosen it?

9. Been working on the salter motor all day. The problem seems to be with the electric clutch. It seems like its stuck engaged. How do I disengage the clutch?

Anyone know?