1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10-11 season repairs

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MrPLow2011, Mar 14, 2011.

1. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Season over. Any major repairs?

My Xblade broke a small weld on the base angle 100 repair
    New intensifires. Finally got sick of sinking money into the 2 bolt ones 200

made a lil over 6k subbing this year. I am happy. Didnt lose any hours over either repair
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Needs a good wash, little touch up paint and a coating of fluid film.
  3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Replaced the seal on the lift ram. Have a couple spots to touch up then fluid film it!
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Had to replace angle rams- base mount split on the drivers and was about to go on the pass - split right through the hole for the pin - but I knew it was going to happen as they were so rusted and thinned (MM1).
    Storing equipment on dirt it's entire life accelerates rust significantly. No storm down time- noticed it pre-storm once over and got it done before the snow really got flying.
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Went through 4 solenoids, replaced headlights with intensifires, replaced the cutting edge (was a smiley face because it was improperly adjusted on the truck it was previously on). Other than that it was flawless all season. I do have to weld the small metal peice on the trip edge though - Xblade.
  6. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

just have to get the bottom peice welded on my xblade, new cutting edge and plan on taking the skin off and painting it. other than this stuff no problems this whole season.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

first storm of the year had to replace a hydro hose, and angling ram, and add a little ATF fluid. $155 altogether but lost a few hours and had to drive all around the state in a blizzard to find a shop that was open/had parts. other than that everything has been fine
  8. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Broke off one of the orange plastic plow markers that fisher sells. Other than that nothing... Going to swap the hydro fluid before next season.
  9. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Solenoid went out during the off season, had to attach it (MM1) and jack it up to get back to my shop. Froze up twice, lost the S2 cartridge mid season. Crushed a set of Pro-Wings on frozen snow banks. Curled the back bumper on the passenger side on another frozen snow bank. We got hit hard from late Dec, to late Jan.; a record month for snowfall.
  10. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

got to get a new blade here, or a new cutting edge .
  11. polplow

polplow Member

replaced a wiring harness to the lights, and will need to install a new edge next fall.
  12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I had to adjust the push plates on the truck becouse they were to tite on the plow. But, other then that I didn't have any other repairs. Probly going to put a new steel cutting edge on it this Summer.
  13. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

on MVP plus that is 3 yrs old
    (1) 1.5 sets of cutting edges, (one half gone when started) and i run em right untill it starts wearing into the base of the trip edge
    (2) broke center pin that inturn broke angle cylinder Lost about hour, had all parts at shop..pin was outta my old old boss, and cylinder was from fisher plow, that was in box of parts i bought for 10$ new parts $360
    (3) ripped base angle off passanger side, wore through the metal plats on bottom of molboard where it hinges, bent 2 springs when it came off...replaced all pieces with half inch steel plate, down 2 days, cost 100 bucks in wellding rods and grinding wheels, beer

boss 8.2v
    lost a few bolts outta cutting edge
    center pivot pin came out, had new pin

98 gmc dump 454ci
    intake gasket $360
    blew hydraulic line on central hydraulics $100
    battery $100

loose bolts

04 ford 150
    fuel pump sending unit $120
    broken tail light, (got in fight with dumpster) $45 on ebay

ice breaker spreader
    new pillow bearings on spinner shaft $40

thats all i can think of right now...all in all not a bad season for as much plowing as went on.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

First storm out:cry: i cracked one of the push plates on my dump, it was better to replace with new push plates, and 1 large hydraulic line.
  15. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

lucky you. i guess you had a good season
  17. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

O Ring that fits in the base lug on the bottom of the pump housing quick and cheap fix im not complaining:nod:
  18. 6.5 Chevy

6.5 Chevy Member

The engine went out in my 6.5 2 days be for a 2' snow:realmad: down for a week cost me 5,500 for a new truck they wanted $6000 to 7000 for a new engine:gunsfiring:
  19. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Had to weld cracked push plate, replace solenoid and one hydraulic line on my 10' mc.
    Plows been very dependable nothing major in 4 years!