1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$10,000

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BC Handyman, Oct 26, 2013.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I just spent a few hrs going over a snow quote, giving every option for per visit,seasonal, differant triggers, plowing, shoveling, walkways,customer supplied salt, me supplying, salt, sand, blah, blah, blah, I know my numbers are right for me & my area, I triple checked:nod: but I added up the seasonal part & was quit supprised at how hight the number was with everything included, so suprised I knocked $200 off if I did it all on a seasonal.
    The customer says I'm doing it no matter what, just a queston if it a per visit or seasonal & if they supplying walkway salt or want me to.

So before I send the email I ask you guys, what do you think? Is this place worth $10,000 or am I crazy for thinking this is what I got to charge:dizzy:
    cause my numbers say so:nod:

The $10,000 includes unlimited plowing, shoveling, salting of walks & lot, but does NOT include the off site snow hauling they say might be needed.
    I also said(cause they thinking about it) $9500 if they supplying salt for walkway.
    blue is where snow gets piled, green is walkway

Attached Files:

2. BC Handyman

Just so everyone knows it .75 acres of plowing, 420' of shoveling sidwalks

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Less than an acre for $10k? And they are willing to pay that? How many events and inches do you get? Gonna use a machine for walks?

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

if u get 10k take it and run That lot looks so easy to plow

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

All depends on how many events you have. In my area that would be very good money.

6. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

What is your per push price and how many events average for your area?

7. BC Handyman

It is based on 32 visits. I'll be shoveling the walks, the road leading into the parking lot is a good sized hill that will require salt/sand quite often. Also it a 1.2"(3cm) trigger

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  8. BC Handyman

lol your area(half of ont.) seems so cut throat is scary, I've seen the driveway flyers with scary low prices, I dont know how they can afford to put gas in thier truck.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What do driveway flyers have to do with his comment as CET doesn't plow any driveways. How man inches of snow is your 10 year avg?

10. BC Handyman

I know CET doesnt do drives, He said is his area that would be very good $, I'm just saying that to me alot of prices out there seem low like the scary low driveway flyers I've seen & heard about. It alot more competitive with the high population. I average about 60-70' depending on which forcaster you believe.

11. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Even at 75", you are getting paid pretty well. But, if they want to pay you, who are you to say no?

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

70 feet is a crap load of snow( I know you meant inches).
    I don't really look at how much snow, I'm more interested in how many pushes and how many salts.
    If you mean 32 plows, how many salts would that be also? 10,000 might be low.

13. BC Handyman

lol good eye, yes I ment inches, ya totals mean something but I to am more worried about amount of visits.
    saltings: every time for the hill maybe a few more then plows, rest of lot 20 times, so I figure call it entire lot 30 salting visits.

Well it's what its worth to me, but like I said it suprised me when I multiplied my per visit price by my average # of events.
    For all that cant or dont want to do the math 10,000 divided by 32(events) = $312.50, I quoted $315per visit.
    Either seasonal or per push is good with me, but if I was to choose I'd want the seasonal so I think I'm going to lower my seasonal price so it's based on 30 events so $9450 and $9000 if I have to use their salt for walks.
    Hopefully this will help my chances of them wanting to go with the seasonal. For the last few years I've been basing my 1.5-2" triggers on 30 events, so I figured I got to add a few events on if they want a 1" trigger(which they want for the walks) but after thinking hard I think I'll be safe to go with 30 events, walks on 1" trigger, plowing on 1.5" trigger, instead of everything on 1" trigger.
    My per visit price aint changing, so you guys think $9450 will give me a better chance of them signing a seasonal?

14. BC Handyman

So I redid the seasonal part of my bid & I said $9500 plus tax, I'll let you guys know what they say, I'm thinking they will go per push but you never know.

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

32 events is good money.

16. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

As long as the sidewalk trigger doesn't have you living there over the winter, I'd say your right on the money. Could even be a bit low, depending on their demands. 30 visits for lot work, could turn into 40 visits for sidewalks. Good luck.:drinkup:

17. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

X2 on this comment. $10,000 looks like a lot of money. You will know when the dust settles. I would have sent the bid in for 10 G's and not 9.5 G's. You can always lower your price but it is hard to raise a bid after you submit your numbers. Good Luck to you.

18. BC Handyman

Thanks guys! No worries, I would not be married to it since they want 1 visit per day, max 2 times if a heavy storm rolls in(over 12") I gave them 3 price levels for per visit 2cm-12cm(1"-5"), 13-25cm(5"-10") & over 25cm(over 10") I hear ya on the fact its harder to raise prices then to lower them, but I can live with the 9500 if they go that route. I hope to find out this friday if I'm doing it since I got a meeting with the owner, but manager says I'm the only company she got a quote from & she isn't going to get another oneThumbs Up
    Good thing is if this is true & owner makes her get another quote, by that time all the other guys in town that can do it will likely be booked already. :D

On another note I got another signed contract today for a resi xysport

19. BC Handyman

Locked in!

Update: I had a meeting with the owner yesterday, she asked a bunch of questons, I put all her concerns to rest.(so I assumed) She called me this morning & asked if we could meet in an hour so she could sign a contract Thumbs Up, so I met her & she signed a per visit contract with me suppling all de-icing product. Walks on a 1" trigger, lot on a 2" trigger. Max 3 visits per 24hrs. It will be the new winter home for my bobcat. I even got my own power to keep her block warm:nod:

20. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That's good news, congrats.