1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1 Ram for side to side?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 68scout, Jan 19, 2010.

1. 68scout

68scout Junior Member

I have an older Western Cable plow on my 68 scout. I fabbed a new control for up down in the cab, and just manually angle and pin it left and right.

The Rams that came with the plow from side to side are shot. Too expensive to replace so I didn't worry about it.

Then, a friend says he got a double action cylinder (in/out) he'll give me for free. Says it's pretty stout.

So if I welded up a bracket and hooked it up would I be looking at any adverse effects with a single ram pushing and pulling vs the way the plow is normally supposed to operate with the two rams?

2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

if you want, i might be buing a plow from a 70's scout and only need the moldboard for a sidewing project.
    I've been looking for a double cylinder if you want to do any trading or not.

The only thing i'd be concerned abuot with 1 cylinder on the a frame is that you might break something if you hit a curb or something else hard, but you might not with a double acting cylinder.