1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1 or2 man operation

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by willie dexter, Dec 13, 2006.

1. willie dexter

willie dexter Member

is it more efficiant to have one of my workers with me to help shovel or just do it all myself? i am coing comercial and residentual work. sorry about the spelling.thank you ,willie

2. RICHIE K

RICHIE K Member
    from NJ

3. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

The more heart beats you have the quicker you get it done.payup :salute:

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

There are so many different situations to consider when your talking about one person or two. I will say this with two you do get the job done faster but now you also have the extra expense of paying the other guy.

You mentioned your doing residential/commercial, as far as my team is concerned, we all do the sidewalks, we don't pay anyone for doing just the walks, however we're doing commercial only. My brother in law does pay someone to do the walks at his residential's with a snow blower while he rides a ATV for the drives and such.

But keeping the pay in mind, how long it takes to get a job done by yourself vs. two people are things you'll have to experience for yourself, keep in mind that what works well for some one else may not work as well for you.

Hope I helped you a bit, good luck with your decision and let us know what you end up doing.

5. willie dexter

willie dexter Member

thanks guys, pray for snow...................willie

6. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

For me, we the drivers also shovel. Our situation is this 70% commercial. Some commercial we do the walks and some are in house. even the ones we shovel it doesn't take as long as the plowing so I'm not paying someone to ride and watch when there is nothing to do. Most of my residential i can do in 6-8 minutes each including shoveling to the front doors. I have 9 in 1 spot and 14 in another and then a few that take alittle longer that are close but not in the same addition. none of my residentia take longer than 20 min. including drive time.

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Many hands make for lite work. But if you have 10ft at every stop and 10-15 minutes of plowing then it doesn't make much sense to have a guy stand and watch you for 10 minutes either.purplebou