1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1 or 2 storms on 1/18 & 1/19/09 N.E.??

Discussion in 'Weather' started by sir spaniourd, Jan 28, 2009.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

I have a customer that is disputing that on the 18th and 19th he believes we only had one storm. however i believe we had 2 since they were two separate events over on a 24 hour period. Is there any web site I could find that kind of information? I checked my local weather stations and i can't seem to find anything.
  2. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

I'm charging as 2. The second storm wasnt forecasted to be morethan an inch or 2. We got like 6in. People are just looking for an excuse to get out of paying. Bottom line you were out there the same amount of time as the first event I bet, and you need to be payed.
  3. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

2 storms here on long island- was about 12 hours between
  4. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I charged my customers three times lol We plowed twice on the first storm then one again on the 2nd.
  5. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

It was 2 storms, in fact the sun came out here on sun the 18th afternoon.

I hate when they are that close too. It would be better if they were 4 days apart.
  6. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare Member

The customers that I have Multiple accounts with for plowing, mowing etc give a small discount....for everyone else it was two storms, I went to bed with flurries forcasted through out the night, woke up to 6 inches on the ground, I can't control Mother Nature I can only mover her!
  7. Dubliner

Dubliner Senior Member

2 storms here also, If I go out 2 times its per push and yes I went to bed expecting to see a dusting and awoke to 4 inches. Definitely 2 storms.:)
  8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I charged for 2 storms also. Only had one complaint, so I guess it was a good move.
  9. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Do you guys only plow once per storm? It snowed here for 11 days strait in early jan. something like 60". I plowed twice a day and billed full price for all of them. Sorry I don't mean to change the subject, just curios.
  10. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

2 storms here as well.

This year i am even charging for drifts and refreezes, I use to be nice and just do it,, but not anymore.

people are being tight, paying beyond there 30 days, and not taking and early pay deals, so why should i give away a service..
  11. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Thanks for the replies.
    i guess this is going to be be one of those customers that I will have to let him go. As hard as it is I hate when people try to set their own prices after the drives are clean. I just feel sorry for him. I guess after 15 storms they are starting to feel the pinch...
  12. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i billed two storms to my few residentials
    one guy complained and even said he shoveled one time (true but he did leave the end full so i cleaned it for him 1/2charge)
    wrote a note on the invoice and made partial payment.. dropping him tomorrow
  13. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

lol good, because those are the ones that are always looking to get it for 1/2 price or complain to have the bill reduced.
  14. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Depends for me. Most residentials I have are per storm. All the commercials are under contracts.
  15. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

I just sat down and did my billing- I decided full price for 1st storm and about 25% discount for second storm. The grand total was about 3-4" for both so not a lot of snow, it was easy. Giving everyone a l;ittle break- hopefully will prevent compaints and be fair to me as well.