1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1 more ? about a 02 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by t.i.b, Mar 11, 2009.

1. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

earlier this year i had some strange elec issues with my gauges. 3 shops, the dealer and myself couldnt figure it out. the prob would come and go and hasnt acted up for a while but the brake light on the dash would stay on. i was poking around under the hood and found the wires that go under the resiviour on the master cylinder were unpluged. i pluged them in and the dash went nuts again. i unpluged cleand and graesed them and the brake lights out and everything seems fixed. so my question is what do those wires do and could they mess up my whole dash? thanks. 1 more thing i dont have the owners manual any1 kow how to get rid of the "change engine oil" message?
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Reset the oil life monitor when the oil has been changed, use the following procedure.

Turn the ignition key to the RUN position.
    Fully push and release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.
    If the Change Oil Soon light flashes, the system is resetting.
    Start the vehicle.
    The oil life will change to 100%.
    If the Change Oil Soon light comes back on, the system has not reset.
    Repeat the procedure.
  3. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member