1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$1 million an inch

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Crazygator, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

Watching the news I see this storm is supposed to cost New York City area $1 Million per inch, or now $20 Million.

Is this true? If so I hope the $$$ will fall into the hands of our plowsite members!

2. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

I heard that too ... is that amazing or what . I think that is just the cost the city has in payroll , OT , fuel , salt ect ect but im not sure .
    Scott

3. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! maybe some bright entrepernurial sole could make a proposal to Mayor Bloomberg about contracting it all out.

;) and I'm surprised the person I'm thinking of hasn't thought about it.... or maybe they have??????????????

Anything is possible.....

4. fordman

fordman Senior Member

$1 million an inch
    I heard that what it was costing New York as well. Wish I could make that much per inch.payup

5. copandplower

copandplower Member

I bet they are subbing out a lot. Here in Rochester we are used to snow and our city subs out about $300 k worth of work each event. I was very surprised when I first found that out about Rochester because it seems like we have a million city owned plow trucks.

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Well,there's your ammo next time a customer tells ya your to expensive-Give the mayor of NYC a call for an estimate:D

7. drobson

drobson Senior Member

I heard today that the cost for Boston in $68,000 per hour for their snow removal.

8. Grazzmazter1

Grazzmazter1 Junior Member
    from .

Well i hope most of the money falls into the pockets of our members also. However, we all know this is never going to happen.

9. JThompson

JThompson Member
    from NYC

NYC Dept of Sanitation handles most of the plowing here. I am not aware of any subcontracting they do. Dept of Transportation handles some too. The million per inch does not go to guys like us. Wish it did!!!