1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1 hundred 50!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTSolutions, Apr 12, 2010.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

one hundred and fifty dollars, thats how much this contractor offered to do a client of ours and shes switched over, oh but the speel she gave me about how great it was working with us and how happy she was with our results is supposed to make me feel better. and he also cut our mowing price by almost 10 per cut along with all the other services.

and this is after i just lost a couple others b/c of these cut rate amateurs...
    i need to go get that chair i just threw across the room.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2010
  2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

How much did he underbid you by? Their doing the same things here, but I'm picking up accounts from these lowballers because they do such a sh..y job.... keep your head up and go for a larger more profitable account.... Thats what I do when I get pis..d....... and it works!

3. PTSolutions

we did 22 pushes this season, so he would end up doing it for $6.80 per push, what a moron...
    he also ended up getting the bid for a larger commercial account that this lady asked us to bid for.

ive had so much bs to deal with today that i would prolly slit the guys throat if he was here in front of me lol.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How long have you been in this business? I don't even let stuff like that bother me. Not worth it.

5. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Another local lawn cutter here claims he starts his seasonal price at $270& up for weekly lawn maintenance.

Back when I was doin resi lawn maintenance 4 years ago, my prices started at $700 & up.
    (not including core aeration or de-thatching....ect) I was using those $1,600 push mowers with ball bearing wheels. ;)

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Grandview, I've been landscaping a long time and this stuff still gets my blood boiling!! What's your ZEN secret?

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Forget them, then when they call back it's going to be the new rate not the one that they were on before. To much work out there to worry about it.

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Thats the same thing I do....they usually always call back after 1 year of crappy service with a lowballer

9. PTSolutions

im usually a real laid back go with the flow guy, but i guess it was just one of those days...