1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1 headlight out fisher low beam

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by miami1324, Nov 16, 2009.

1. miami1324

miami1324 Junior Member
    from 13021

I just mounted a used fisher minute mount straight blade. Everything went good except i have 1 low beam out on the plow. Hi beam works on both. Left low beam out. I checked the fuses, all good. 2003 silverado.Test light shows no power at the plug. I'll do an ohm test shortly and get back on.

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

start tracing your wires you probably have a broken one somewere

3. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

Did you get the problem fixed? If so what was the problem?

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Try a new bulb.

5. WeDoSnowplowing

New bulb still will not work due to not get power to the plug. wire must be broken somewhere.

6. miami1324

miami1324 Junior Member
    from 13021

just got a schematic. goin back out. something screwy. Got power on hi beam with different color wires on left vs. right.

7. WeDoSnowplowing

May need to check the wires see what color works what

8. miami1324

miami1324 Junior Member
    from 13021

According to the fisher schematic the black is low beam. white hi beam. That's not the case. Right side low beam is black. Hi beam is not white like schem. says. But on the left side, the hi beam is white. screwy. Now i went to a fisher plow dealer and he sold me a 3 port module. I also bought a wiring kit (29048) from him for the B and C port. Im wondering if I have the correct set up now. I believe this was originally a 4 port set up .Everything works perfect except the lights on the plow. The plow dealer manager told me he never uses the adapter (29047) in the kit. I had to use it or the plow lights dont work at all.

9. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If you've got a 3 port module system, check the reversible two position connectors on the left and right side harnesses... the ones with the A's and B's on them. They are specific to the headlight common... negative or positive. Sounds like you've got one reversed on the side that doesn't work.

10. miami1324

miami1324 Junior Member
    from 13021

The only reversible connector i see is the one for the blinkers. Not sure what other connectors are reversible. But something sure does act reversed.

11. WeDoSnowplowing

I hope your are figering it out. So it will work. May need to take a battery to the light wires to find what is what. & wirte them down & rewire it.

12. cubicinches

Check out this pdf. It's from Western's site, but it's the same wiring as a Fisher. See page 10 for explanation on the reversible connectors..

http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/29206.04_052407.pdf

13. miami1324

miami1324 Junior Member
    from 13021

Wow ! Thanks a million guys. I had nooo idea that those were reversible.I didn't pay attention to that page in the manual because i have hb3 hb4 lights. That page says hb 1 and hb5. That is a neat set up. I learned alot the last few days. I'm glad i found this site. I'll be on it alot. I just got notice that im getting layed off Nov. 29th so i plan on doing some PLOWING. Great site guys. THANKS again.

14. cubicinches

So, did that fix the issue?

15. WeDoSnowplowing

Hope it is getting fixed

Hope you got it fixed

16. miami1324

miami1324 Junior Member
    from 13021

Yes . Issue is resolved thanks to the help of plowsite.com . Thanks again guys !

17. miami1324

miami1324 Junior Member
    from 13021

I had 2 of the reversible headlamp plugs backwards.

18. cubicinches

Good deal. Glad that's all it was. :drinkup: