1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1 gallon of Fluid Film = 2.5 Trucks

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by underESTIMATED, Nov 15, 2010.

1. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED Senior Member

Today was my first experience using Fluid Film.

In the beginning of October, I oil sprayed 1 of our 2500HD with the typical oil & diluted diesel mix. Obviously after about 5 weeks it seems to soak right in to the undercarriage.

So last week we bought 1 gallon, and wasn't quite sure how far it would go. We have alot of excavation equipment that we use for the plowing season, as well as our fleet of 2500HD trucks.

I managed to use the entire 1 gallon to cover 2 of our 2500HD trucks, and one of our employees Ranger with a little extra to spare.

It went on extremely well, and wasn't used sparingly.

I can't wait to see how it looks in another 5 weeks to see the comparison.

Great product, and reasonably priced for the added winter protection.
  2. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

What did you use to apply it?
  3. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I can get 4 trucks outta a gallon, maybe i am not getting enough on.....time will tell i guess. I use a paint gun, works good!
  4. underESTIMATED

I picked up a paint gun and a top mount texture sprayer from Harbor Freight.

Upon opening the texture sprayer, I realized the canister was too large to fit inside the wheel wells and/or would end up spilling out when spraying upside down.

So I tried the paint gun and mixed up the Fluid Film pretty well before putting it in the canister. However, while the temperature outside today wasn't quite 99 degrees, the fluid didn't thicken up and managed to spray out just fine. It took me about 2.5 hours to spray all 3 vehicles, and was glad to see how far 1 gallon went.

Well worth the $37.

Looking into a 5 gallon price for the rest of our equipment.
  5. underESTIMATED

I did 3 more trucks today, seemed maybe I went a little bit heavier on the first three vehicles in my original post.

I still have a 1/4 gallon left over. So 1 quart = 1 vehicle.
  6. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

Did you buy it local? If so where at? I live close to Akron.