1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1.8 yard stainless spreader price

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Ziob34, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

friend has a 1.8 yard stainless spreader short chute 2001 model he's asking 2500 i'm telling him price is to high what do you guys think? i told him more around the 2k, 1800 range but it is clean.
  2. gary56

gary56 Junior Member

like to take a look, make possible offer anywhere near northern mi?
  3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Might be a little high. They seem to reach a point where they don't go much lower. I was asking 2500$ for mine back in 2010 and it was only a couple of years old. I can't remember how much I sold it to you for, 2000$? Saw a 2009 for 4800$ Prices all over the place. New list over 6K.
  4. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

yeah i'm thinking it may look in good shape but 12 years old stuff has to be ready to go bearings, engine, drag chain.....may just go the poly route there like 4200 brand new and you can actually move them without a fork life or loader.