1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1.5" or 2" snowfalls?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by GMSNOW, Aug 21, 2006.

1. GMSNOW

GMSNOW Member

In MN the past few yrs we have not had a great deal of volume of 2+ inch snow falls. I have probably plowed my residential route on average 4-6 times each yr.

I thought I saw some services starting to plow thier residential route at 1.5 inches. How many of you plow your residential routes at 1.5 inches instead of the old standard 2 inch rule?

I thought this may create some more income and I love those 1.5 inch snow falls when it comes to plowing and $$ generated.

Thx for any input.

GM

2. WOOFSPLOW

WOOFSPLOW Member

Around here most don't want you to drop the plow until 3-4" - some not 'till 6" - and others 8"+! Damn New Englanders:)

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I had one customer who wanted ANYTHING plowed and sanded. But usually, people around here would refuse to pay you to plow anything less than 3". I had one who wanted a 12" trigger (and not 12" accumulated, but 12" in one storm. He'd drive on anything less). I didn't plow for him after he told me that.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

2-3 inch on the residence. 1/4 inch on the high traffic commercial.

5. 2003Ranger

2003Ranger Junior Member

Right on, that sounds about right on what the guys are going by around here.