1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1/4" quick couplers, more than one type

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by johnshenry, Oct 6, 2015.

1. johnshenry

johnshenry Junior Member

I have a Meyer Plow and was just doing seasonal service. I bought a pair of M/F 1/4 Quick couplers at Tractor supply to open lines to do angle ram flushing. The female new one did not fit in my male one on my plow. So like an idiot I put them in a vice and forced them (diameter tolerances seemed off just just a hair)... and destroyed both. I noticed that the ball valve on the male looked different. New ones were labeled "Replace Meyer 15072".

Is there more than one style/type of Quick 1/4" coupler? My original female one says "Meyer YL" on the barrel. I need to replace these, and help appreciated...

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If my memory is correct there different couplers for the 47, 60 and 57 compared to the 58 and 61. Now the the ball style for earlier pumps sucked, you want the pin style. The later pumps used a ORB style fitting compared to the NPT style fitting on the earlier pumps.

Believe there are many different styles of 1/4" couplers on the market overall. So something used on tractor may not work on a plow. Online sites sell the Meyer coupler sets for $10-20.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We stock 8 different configurations of meyer couplers. They can't seem to make up their mind.

you need to purchase 3 sets of identical couplers (1/4 inch hose) and change them all so you know they match and you'll have a em. repair set to use for flushing.
  4. johnshenry

johnshenry Junior Member

Thanks, I did some more googling last night and figured out that I had pin couplers and bought ball type. I found part numbers for the pin kind and will probably just replace all. Thanks again....