1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1.4 mile push 4" trigger

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BHLC, Oct 20, 2012.

1. BHLC

BHLC Member

1.4 mile push, $400 per push 4" trigger, too low?
    14' wide all the way, completely flat, access road. Thoughts?

2. BHLC

BHLC Member

This is one stop of 10, and is the longest.

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a cool account, what are you using to plow it? As for price I cant speak to it cause I've never done anything like that, but doesn't sound crazy low.

4. BHLC

BHLC Member

If I get it I'm getting a new 2012 ford super duty with a fisher XtremeV. Currently I've got a 08 Toyota tundra. It's done well but is just not enough for this. The other stops are around 4-600 ft each.

5. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

What type of surface and are all 10 roads?

6. BHLC

BHLC Member

Mixture of paved and gravel, 1 is just a goat path on sandy soil.

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like really good money to me. That would go for less the 1/2 that around here.

8. BHLC

BHLC Member

I missed the part of whether they are roads. They are drives. Access roads.

9. BHLC

BHLC Member

Where are you located?

10. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

You are ballpark for what that would be in my area.

11. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I don't like the 4" trigger. If all of them are on 4", some might get pretty deep by the time you get there. I always use a 3" trigger.
    Also you don't mention use of sand or salt. Is that in the deal or no?

12. BHLC

BHLC Member

I do a 1/4 mile road for $90 per push 3+Inches. I really was not sure where to go with a 1 1/2 mile one one:eek:, It is an easy push and I would love to land the contract so I guess i'll go with it. Wish me luck.

13. BHLC

BHLC Member

They were specific about the 4", I tried to make it 3", its a total of 45 miles from the two furthest ones with the 8 others in between. Some are very short and a couple are on a municipal roadway, so those would be clean up. They specify salt althought I dont like putting it on the gravel! The spreading is by request only and will be at $210 per ton in place. There is one spot that is a salt every time. I have also included a "travel fee" to every push.

14. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I do something almost the same specs, and the numbers are in the ballpark of what I charge....although I do not do any sanding or salting on the property at all.

Thanks for confirming my numbers for me Thumbs Up

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'm in Ontario near Toronto. Doesn't matter what it would go for around here, if you can get that price that's great. From what you say it should be a pretty easy plow. I used to do 3/4 mile with a small turnaround at the end for $125 and it took me 20 minutes.

16. BHLC

BHLC Member

Glad I could be of some assistance:drinkup:

17. BHLC

BHLC Member

The "big one" got away! Got low balled! $100 a push for a 1.4 mile long road. Hope their happy with their choice!!

18. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

$100 is prob what it would go for here, and thats low but $400 for may be 45 minutes of plowing? Seems pretty steep.

19. BHLC

BHLC Member

I have friends doing 1/2 mile for $200 a shot 3" trigger. Had those ones for several years. Ohh well there more out there.

20. BHLC

BHLC Member

Get what you pay for!!