1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1"-3" North of Boston Yeah Right

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gordyo, Feb 7, 2003.

1. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Well they precicted 1"-3" today North Shore of Boston. 3" went out the window at about 11:00am this morning and we are at 10" right now at 4:30pm and it is still coming down heavy.:realmad: Is this the Blizzard of 1978 revisited??

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Just cracked 12 in town :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

You guys just hit Chicago's total snowfall for the season in 12 Hours. The most snow we have seen in one storm is around 2 1/2 inches.

It looks like we will have to wait till next year, I have officially given up on old man winter!

To all of you plowing, drive safely!

Chuck B.

4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Dont feel bad

The original forecast for My area in CT was 1"-3"

Then late last night they upped it to 3"-6"

When the storm finally stopped here at about 2:30 pm this afternoon, we had at least 9 " in my yard.

They didnt get the start time right either....

They were calling for 1 or 2 am friday morning, It started sticking here at 11:00 pm Thursday night a whole 2-3 hours early.

and There I was thinkin I could catch a power nap..... That sure didnt happen.

5. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

I hear ya snoworks no better in mich hope these guys arnt complaining its been the worse winter here has well and like you iam begining to get really discouraged.

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

just got in. id say we got about 10 inches. was a long day. nice easy plowable snow though.

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Glad to see that snow dance worked :drinkup: glad it was fluffy stuff it it was wet this would of been alot of work.

8. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I ended up with around 1- 1 1/2" . Plowed just two places and salted some others.

Dan

9. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

I don't know what to do.. Someone has to help. It been the same amount for a month now. Plows were not made to take this abuse, I mean all of this time the plow is going through the same thing day in and day out. Oh, in case you are not aware of what mid Michigan is going through.... Nothing, nada, zip, :realmad: The plows were not made to sit.... Mother Nature hates us, I even tore apart my plow for paint and maint. and still nothing. AAHHHHHHH....

OK, thanks for letting me vent. Now on to those who are getting snow,, :drinkup: Congrats, not mad, do us all proud..... :salute:

10. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

huh

the 3 inches predicted here was 10 by the time it was done

11. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Finished up about ten minutes ago. Long day but also along time coming :D . Cat your right about this stuff being fluff, similar to mountain snow ( something us flat landers don't see all that often ). About twelve officially but over that at most of our accounts particularly with drifts.

12. drobson

drobson Senior Member

One of my accounts in Lexington had over 14" without drifts. It's on a hill so a little more elevation, but wow.. I really was expecting 2-4" up here... Thought I would not even have to do all my accounts.

Well I'm done for the night, have a couple of residentials to do tomorrow because of timing issues..

So what are they saying about monday? Maybe more snow???

13. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

That is what I hear first it might be a little now i thing there going to be forcasting more probaly like this one but i bet it will be wet stuff this time around.

14. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

i love weather guessers, they predicted 2-4" here and we got 7". they said less then an inch by fri morning, we went out at 1 am and had 5" on the ground by morning. :rolleyes: oh well i'm happy they where wrong this time though. Hopefully that monday storm will be something good.

15. MLI

MLI Member
    from Boston

South Weymouth got.....

16inches.......hmmmmm....seems a bit high since we were only to get 5 inches...friggen weathermen

16. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

Just made it back in from the weathermans predicted 1 to 3. It was more like 10/11 in central Mass. Doing large parking lots w/JD710, and it takes a while. Don't matter, it's still moving snow and that's what counts.

17. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

We were forecast to get less than an inch and ended up with 6". FINALLY ideal plowing conditions, dry fluffy snow and hard frozen ground. I did my run in record time. It was a bit slippery underneath though, I had to "drop anchor" a few times when coming to the end of a driveway to avoid sliding into the street.

18. hoagie

hoagie Member

Hingham had around 16" also...

Pelican- I was "dropping anchor" all over the place! WOW, The ground was VERY slippery underneath. I hate the ABS on our new trucks!! I just can't get used to it. I ended up using 1st and 2nd gears alot to slow up safely.

19. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Same thing tonight will it be 0-2" 2-4" 5-8" they have changed it 20 times already .What will it be dusting to 2" ??? your guess is as good as mine :rolleyes:

20. KatWalk

KatWalk Member

Still changing now!!!!

Cat.....since noon it has changed twice for this storm. Since six yesterday....changed at least 20 times!!!!! 2 1/2 - 3" would be nice. I have found accuweather.com to be the most consistent predicter for this area.....they give the hourly forecast and they are pretty consistent. Hoping to get in some hours. Ryan:drinkup: