1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1-3" here in NC tomorrow night

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Banksy, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Starting Thursday around 6pm, we may see 1-3" by 4am and refreezing of all that Friday here in the Raleigh area and points north. We shall see......... I'll have a truck to drive, but it won't be my own this time.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Close the city down and call out the guard to dig you out!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Don't forget to mob the grocery stores for all the ingredients to make French toast!
  4. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

this is getting embarrassing . we aint even got to hook up yet . :blush2:

hmmm . G O . . NC SATE ! !
  5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

My sister lives in Charlotte, NC., grew up here in Rochester, NY She gets soo pissed off. They shut down everything for like an inch of snow. To her that everyday of a normal winter up here.
  6. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Back in I believe December of 2009, it was reported that all 50 states had snow on the ground. Northern Florida had snow and Albany, NY still hadn't seen any. We made up for it though, 2 feet of cement in March...So remember while they are getting snow first, they'll be 75 and sunny while its snowing in your town in April.
  7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I drove to the mountains before to plow. I-40 was completely snow covered and it took 4 hours to get there. Want to feel very lonely? Do that! I won't be doing that again.
  9. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

same thing happened here about 5 years ago Christmas eve on the way to clear a lot , we sat on I-76 from 11 pm to about 4 am . weather turned to sleet / ice within 5 minutes and there was a pile up 3 miles ahead .

luckily we were prepared with snacks and drinks .
  10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's worse...just sitting there. I was the only one on the road for a while. I think I went 45 minutes without seeing another car on the road. No street lights on I-40 either.
  11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Well, that was a dud.
  12. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Yup, I didn't get anything but a light dusting here in Cary.