1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1/2 ton chevy with lift kit and plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mschaffer92, Dec 26, 2013.

1. mschaffer92

mschaffer92 Junior Member

Now I know there is plenty of threads about lift kits and plows, but it seems that they are all for 3/4 ton and above if not diesels. My question is what's your guys opinion on a lift kit around 4 inches on a 97 GMC sierra half ton. Also looking for a fisher plow to go on it. In winter I will be running regular tires not the big ones. I would like the fisher mm1 sehp style since I had one before. But I don't want to get the plow then get the lift kit installed, and then be screwed. So your guys opinions are must needed before I look at a lift kit. Thanks

2. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

4" is pretty mild and with a Fisher all you will likely need to do is modify the a-frame to add another hole and perhaps a gusset. Pretty simply mod with a welder and grinder. Pretty sure I've seen pictures on here if you search.