1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1/2 plows

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by crstal, Dec 6, 2003.

1. crstal

crstal Junior Member
    from VA

hey guys i got a 2003 1/2 ton chevy avalanch and i want a plow? whats good and whats not? also tell me the price. thanks!:bluebounc

2. crstal

crstal Junior Member
    from VA

well anyone got anything?:waving:

3. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

hmm buy this :drinkup:

untitled.jpg

4. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Just pick a 7.5' plow that you like. What type of plowing? How often?

5. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

jrich how much you want for that blue beast?? It would look good with flames on it! :D If you're interested in selling let me know.

CRSTAL - What are you going to plow with the Avalanche? Driveways only? Commercial stuff? Hope nobody I know reads this....but you might think about putting a poly plow on that truck!

Those Avalanches should be able to hold a regular 7.5' plow though. You would be looking in the neighborhood of $3,300 for a 7.5' Standard duty straight blade....I'd recommend a Boss plow! It's the plow of choice for IndySnowPlowers.com! :D

6. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

Actually i just bought it. Dont think i wanna sell it just yet. Thanks tho
    Just for shits and gigles what would u pay for a truck like that.. Perfect cond.

7. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

PROCUTSLAWNCARE Senior Member

Plus 7 X12 landscape trailor went with it! Truck is CLEAN and fresh paint and new everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

depends...how much have you drank out of the truck behind it?? :drinkup:

Don't know really. Maybe 4k. I really don't know, I haven't priced older trucks with plows for so long. About 8 years ago I bought a '79 F150 with a Western on it for $1,900. New tires and a few minor repairs and it made me $5k first winter. Should have kept that beast. Repaired power steering hose leak with duct tape in a snow storm and it held for 2 years until i sold it!