1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1-2" for Wednesday night/ Thurs. mornin

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by myo, Oct 21, 2003.

1. myo

myo Senior Member

11:00 o'clock news just said that 1-2" of snow will fall west of 190 in MA. 1" to a dusting to 128. But this is also 24 hours away and could change but time to put the plow on anyways!!! I never thought I'd see snow on my birthday!:eek:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2003
  2. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Are ground temps really cold enough there yet?

3. myo

myo Senior Member

We'll see, they said mid 20's overnight tomorrow.

4. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

My guess would be the ground is gonna be too warm for much to stick. Please let us know what happens if it does stick, which I hope it does for your sake. :)

5. Tim C

Tim C Member

it would be nice to start early. but I know the ground is to warm still. Last year 1st plow event for me any way was 11-27.

It will happen real soon!!!!!????:drinkup:

Let It Snow Tim C

6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Channel 7

Website says it wont stick and just a few flakes . it's to early for a plowable event .....ground to warm

7. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

get a ground probe temp gage

Gee i know its nice to see in the forcast but the ground is way to warm get a ground temp probe and check your ground temps its way to warm yet here in mich for sticking snow, cant be that far off in climate out east, i say at least mid nov before my gage falls low enough for a plowable or saltable event, i would be open to sooner how ever just dont think its gonna happen , just the same the salt truck is road ready together and ready to wango Z tango

8. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

PLEASE NO, I'M NOT READY YET.:eek: :eek: :eek:

9. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

...SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA 653 AM EDT WED OCT 22 2003
    ... FIRST ACCUMULATING SNOW OF THE SEASON IS EXPECTED FOR MUCH OF THE INTERIOR AND ESPECIALLY HIGHER TERRAIN TONIGHT AND THURSDAY MORNING...

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WAS POSITIONED ROUGHLY 90 MILES OF EAST OF NANTUCKET EARLY THIS MORNING. THIS STORM SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO RAPIDLY INTENSIFY TONIGHT... AS IT MOVES NORTH UP THE ATLANTIC COAST. IN ADDITION A POWERFUL UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL DROP DOWN FROM THE GREAT LAKES TOWARD EVENING. THESE TWO SYSTEMS WILL SET THE STAGE FOR AN EARLY SEASON ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL FOR MUCH OF THE INTERIOR TONIGHT AND THURSDAY MORNING.

SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE IN AREAL COVERAGE THROUGHOUT THE DAY. TEMPERATURES WILL BECOME COLD ENOUGH LATER THIS MORNING AND AFTERNOON SO THAT THE PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE TO SNOW OVER HIGHER TERRAIN OF WESTERN AND CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS... AND SOUTHWEST NEW HAMPSHIRE. A COATING OF SNOW MAY ACCUMULATE ON GRASSY SURFACES BY EVENING.

ANY LEFT OVER RAIN SHOWERS ... WILL CHANGE OVER TO SNOW IN THIS REGION TONIGHT. THE SNOW SHOULD INCREASE IN BOTH AREAL COVERAGE AND INTENSITY AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIDESPREAD ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE EXPECTED OVER SOUTHWEST NEW HAMPSHIRE... WESTERN AND CENTRAL MASSACHUSSETS... AND NORTHEAST CONNECTICUT BY THE TIME THE SNOW COMES TO AN END ON THURSDAY. HOWEVER... LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS OF 3 TO 4 INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE OVER THE HIGHEST TERRAIN MAINLY IN SOUTHWEST NEW HAMPSHIRE. SINCE THE ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL MAINLY OCCUR DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS... ROADWAYS SHOULD BECOME SNOW COVERED AND TREACHEROUS.

THE RAIN MAY EVEN MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO WET SNOW IN BOSTON AND PROVIDENCE TOWARD DAYBREAK. HOWEVER... TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN ABOVE FREEZING IN THE CITIES... SO LITTLE IF ANY ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED. THE SNOW SHOULD TAPER TO FLURRIES AND SPRINKLES ACROSS THE ENTIRE REGION DURING MIDDAY

10. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

Lucky Yankee Bastards !

:D :jester:

Just Kidding ...

11. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Good God Batman :eek: :eek: :eek:

I better get my plow outta the garage sooner rather than later :D

Jay

12. DanG

DanG Senior Member

We've had some flurries the last couple of days.This morning it was doing it again when i was taking my youngest to school.

I don't expect to see any sticking till next month thou...hopefully right in time for opening day of rifle season. :)

Dan

13. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

they are calling for a mix of snow and rain tomarrow. :drinkup:

14. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

OMG your back Buddy. IM me when you get a chance :)

Jaypumpkin:

15. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

They are calling for light snow around here, accumulating snow in Northern MN. However, last weekend we were supposed to have highs in the 30's, and snow. It turned out to be 70 degrees! The ground has to cool off first around here, though.

16. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

wow. it's still preetty early yet to see snow in the forcasts. Thats awsome though, but you guys can keep it up north for a few more weeks because I have a pretty big topsoil/hydroseed job to do next week, plus a paver job and tons of leaves to get done before the snow. Man I realy better hussel to get done :dizzy:

17. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Snowing in Syracuse NY right now....nothing major, of course

18. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Good luck to you guys in Maine,

Local weather guessers forcasted up to 5" today and tomorrow.

Let's hope they are RIGHT for a change!

Rick
    :D payup

19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

The guessers are talking about a white Halloween in W Michigan.

I remember a few years back that MN had a nice Halloween blizzard. I think it was about 30" if I remember correctly. What a way to start out the season.

20. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

I saw that!

I am still waiting for the leaves to get off the trees.

A good snow storm will help.

I guess Mon I will high tail it and finish the plow maintenance if they are still calling for snow.:eek: