1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1 1/2" Power angle Rams

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fordmstng66, Oct 27, 2008.

1. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

Has anyone ever had any problems repacking the Angle Rams for a unimount Plow? I have already taken the ram apart, but places are telling me that repacking them does not work. Also do the new seals have to be pressed on? Any help or opinions would be great.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

Rams

no problem as long as the piston is in good shape ,they are just vee packings you just slide on in the same order they came off (vee Up) .

3. fordmstng66

Thanks, i am figuring the dealers want to sell the whole Ram for $91 instead of just selling the seals.

4. wild bill

yep it's easy money for them !

5. fordmstng66

Is there a trick to getting the new seals in the cylinder?

6. fordmstng66

Forget the question, i figured it out. I was thrown when i took the ram out, and the seals were at the bottom. I guess that is where my problem was at.:dizzy:

7. jml416

jml416 Junior Member

what was the part number of the seal kit? my dealer is just trying to sell me new rams.

8. wild bill

9. jml416

jml416 Junior Member

thanks wild bill