1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1 1/2 inches in Buffalo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KSWART, Dec 19, 2004.

1. KSWART

KSWART Member

Anyone else around here got more? I heard there is 9"s in East Aurora. How are the Southtowns?

2. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

not much maybe 2"

3. Silverhowie

Silverhowie Junior Member

Only a trace so far here...very very cold though!

4. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

hey mike cejka on channel 4 just called for at LEAST 6 inches of snow for thursday payup

5. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Finally

I NEED the cash!
    Ken

6. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Gone out twice

I've been out twice so far doing Hamburg and Lackawanna. I haven't had to do the entire route yet. How do you guys set your pricing per plow or seasonal? I price all my contracts seasonally. I won't do a driveway for less than $200 for the season. I think that's fair yet still some people try and beat my price down. Any of you guys have the same problem?

7. KSWART

KSWART Member

With it being 45 on Thursday I don't doubt it.

8. KSWART

KSWART Member

I don't go less than $200 either. A few of my friends won't go less than $350, with that being said I can not imagine being beat on price at $200. You barely make anything at $200 :(

9. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Show me the money ...

With regard to pricing, I offer it to my customers both ways at the beginning of the season. A season price is $250.00 for a single wide up to 125 ft. Per time is $15.00 per plow up to 125 ft. Over 125 I add $25 each additional 50 ft per season or $3.00 per plow. Flag me down and it's $25.00 minimum :waving: . I do all my plowing in Hamburg, lakeshore area. If a customer pays the seasonal up front I give them a 10% discount. I also give a $15.00 seasonal discount or one free per plow for any refferal I get from a current customer who signs on with me.
    Network, network, network ... customers I get from refferal are much less likely to be price shoppers, they look for good reliable service
    Ken

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  10. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

ken i live in hamburg but plow boston colden--makes it lots of fun- it hardly snows at my place because im right on the lake--also have welder in my garage if you ever need something fixed in a storm look me up....

11. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

good to know
    i'm sure well talk :drinkup:
    thanks

12. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

Lot of people were out plowing 1.5"

Trying to conserve resources this year but everyone got antsy the other day, don't want to be the only staked /un plowed driveway on the street..... :dizzy: (even though I would plow a driveway and end up with a pile 3" deep :confused:

$200 min???? 3-350 here...too many expenses in Tax n Spend WNY ~~~~~~

13. KSWART

KSWART Member

We're starting to change to a rain snow mix right now in Cheektowaga. Who the hell knows what this mess is gonna bring. I would love to see it bury the north towns so we can all go make some money payup