1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

09 Silverado with 9'2 boss V plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tbirdhau, Mar 12, 2009.

1. tbirdhau

tbirdhau Junior Member

Looking at purchasing a new 09 Silverado with Duramax. Not sure about getting a 2500HD or 3500HD but am leaning towards the 3500. The dealer told me the front ends are the exact same. I want to put a Boss 9' 2 v plow on it and am looking for anyone else who has done this and any advice. Yes I know about the tiberons. I am going to do the 2" leveling kit and air bag the front.

2. SNO-PRO

SNO-PRO Member

Sounds like your right on track, I have 08s 2500 and 3500 with 8'2" and 9'2" and timbrens and they handle them fine

3. tbirdhau

tbirdhau Junior Member

So do you have the 9'2 only on the 3500 or do you have a 9'2 on a 2500. you only put timberns and it holds fine. Ever owned a Ford superduty. If so which truck do you like better. What kind of gas millage you get with chevy.

4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I've got a 9'2" on an 08 GMC 2500 and it actually does very well, and that's without timbrens or airbags. If I had it to do over again, I would lift the truck some, just so you didn't have to butcher the front plastic so much. My truck is getting about 13.5-14 for mileage and about 7mpg plowing.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The leveling kit is a waste of money, crank your bars a couple turns, put a sey of timbrens in and your done. You may need a set of shock extenders if you fully crank it, also a set of tierod sleeves and Cognito Steering braces are money well spent. I have 2 08's and they handle the 9'2 the same as my 01 and 02 because they are the exact same frame and suspension from 01-09.

6. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

9'2" Boss on 2500HD truck, cranked T-bars and timbrens, handles it fine. Thanks.

7. Sierrabarry

Sierrabarry Junior Member

Are any of you guys running the 9.2V on 2500HD with the Duramax and extended cab?

8. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Im lookin at runnin one on a 04 xcab max

9. tbirdhau

tbirdhau Junior Member

I assume you are stating your 08's are 2500's right

10. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

often run the 9.2 Boss V on my 04 2500HD and all I did was crank the T-bars a few turns. some ballast in the back always helps too