1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

09 silverado 2500hd vertex LED placement

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by driscolr, Dec 18, 2009.

1. driscolr

driscolr Junior Member
    from Vermont

Hey guys, I'm new to plowing and just purchased a 8.5 xtreme V ss for my 2500hd crew...now i need some lighting. I have 4 whelen vertex amber lights and wasn't sure if i should put them in head/tail lights or cargo/ tail lights and leave the headlights alone. Any input would be great.
    Thanks

2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

you can put them in the head lights no problem. I have 4 in mine and two in the rear tails

3. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i would not drill into those new head lights they cost way to much money

i would go with a set of LINZ6 in the grill and vertex in the rear back up lamps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I put2 lin3 in the fron grill and 2 amber vertex in the reverse lights, and also installed 2 clear vertex in the cargo lights. Still want more lights in the front.

5. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

go with some linz6 in the grill

6. driscolr

driscolr Junior Member
    from Vermont

Thanks for all of the replies...after pulling the headlights to wire the plow i don't think i want to put them in there......when putting the vertex in the cargo lights, can you still keep the cargo lamp or do the vertex take their place? I'm thinking cargo lights and reverse lights now....maybe the fog lights to get a little light up front?

7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

relocate the cargos to a different spot in the lens and sue the hole they were in for vertex.

or snake the vertex in on the side.....keep both lights in there.

8. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

yeah those new head lights are not cheap