1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

09 Sierra 1500 and an old plow = ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mrspiffy, Dec 9, 2009.

1. mrspiffy

mrspiffy Junior Member

Hello ,

Just wondering how big of a hassle it would be to mount an older plow on my new sierra. I know mounts change and such but i'm wondering about wiring and all that good stuff?
    Just curious of it would even be worth trying to put an older plow onto the new truck because I don't want to massacre the thing.:dizzy:
    We could use an older fisher for an example if that works.

2. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

I only know meyers but it takes new light wiring harness/relay and a way diff plow mount for the new sierras.
    they have a way different front end than all my older trucks.
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Actually the fronts did not change much from the GMT 800 (99-07 classic) to the GMT 900 (07-current). I know on the Meyer plow mount selector my old tubular style mount from my 00 2500 would go right on a 09 2500HD. Check the your plow manufacturers site and see if they have a swap chart. That would answer all of your questions 100% But you would for sure need a new wiring harness though
  4. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

the 2500s mounts stayed mostly the same. but the 1500s did change a good bit atleast for boss i would assume others also?
  5. mrspiffy

mrspiffy Junior Member

Thanks for the replies.
    I thought I was going to have to a lot of frigging around with everything .. I'll get some dealer info and see what the deal is.
  6. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

1500 has coil over shock now that is way diff
    2500 still same