1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

09 F550 ABS light

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SteveR, Feb 20, 2010.

1. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I have had an ABS light since 400 miles..I took it to the dealer and they changed out some wheel sensors. Nothing. then they changed the ABS module. Nothing. Took the rear end out to check the tone ring. Nothing. Now they want to start "overlaying wires" This to me means I dont know whats wrong so we are going to cut and splice the harness. So my question is, Should I let them do it or can I demand a complete wiring harness. I am not interested in having a spliced up harness, even done right with solder and heat shrinks still scares me of problems later..
  2. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

I wouldn't go for it.Have them fix it right.
  3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I agree. Talk to the service manager. You have a brand new truck and a spliced connection has potential for lots of problems later.