1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

09 Duramax power and ground

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by purplehavoc, Oct 27, 2013.

1. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Hey everyone,

I posted in the Chevy section on my issue and thought I would try here for possibly more help. Swapping my V-plow from my 05 GMC to my 09 GMC Duramax and found it runs different style battery terminals with tiny little bolts.
    I was told to run the power cable over to the junction on the passenger side of the firewall for my 12 volts, but where are guys hooking up to get a decent ground?
    Are you changing battery cable ends? Anyone have phots of where they hooked up too?

Thanks in advance.

2. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

Follow the battery ground to the frame that will work.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You could always "add a ground". Find where the main gnd goes to and add a separate wire to another spot then put your plow gnd to that same spot/bolt

4. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Thanks guys, thinking that's what I am going to have to do. Really not a fan of these new style mickey mouse battery terminals GM is using.