1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

09 Chevy 2500hd mind of its own?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by timrev8, Oct 24, 2013.

1. timrev8

timrev8 Junior Member

Hey Guys
    My 09 chevy 2500hd frustrates me a little bit
    unlike my old 04 as soon as i shift it into drive or reverse and push the throttle it makes me wait a second before it will give me any power.
    if im in a rush i will add lots of throttle and there is nothing there for a second then all of a sudden it will light up the tires and I will get stuck.

Is there a way i can fix this? Hypertech? EFI live?

2. CrimsonSnow

CrimsonSnow Junior Member
    from Midwest

Is that a 6.0 or Duramax?

3. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have same truck with 6.0 gas. I too notice it hard to have a smooth take off. Like throttle pedal has a dead spot from no throttle to too much. I wonder if the electronic accelerator pedal was to blame.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Darm gizmos

5. CrimsonSnow

CrimsonSnow Junior Member
    from Midwest

Ive got an 03' with the 6.0. Have not had that issue yet, just a rough idle, runs fine when Im going though.
    I do think your your right Zilla about the throttle. I have read about that somewhere. Replace it and you should be fine.

6. ProperLandscape

ProperLandscape Member

Have the dealer check the throttle body. They had issues with '09-11'. My 2011 sierra and wife's 2009 tahoe both got new throttle bodies.

7. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Do you recall approx. cost? I was thinking of taking mine to dealer rather than guess at replacing expensive parts like the pedal. Kinda sucks to have to pay for poorly designed components.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  8. ProperLandscape

ProperLandscape Member

It was warranty work. My wife's tahoe had 13,000 miles and my sierra had 28,000 miles. Tahoe actually quit running in traffic. Sierra was just acting funny (poor throttle response and hesitation). I believe the warranty bill was $500-$600. I will look for the receipt when i get back to the office tonight.

9. ProperLandscape

ProperLandscape Member

Dont let them do a 'clean and reprogram' on the throttle body. They did that to my sierra and two weeks later they had to replace the throttle body. This will aslo put your tab well over $1,000. They had a know issue with throttle bodies on the vortec motors. At one point they were on national backorder. My wife's tahoe sat in the dealership parking lot for two weeks waiting for parts. No problems since the new throttle body was installed. Throttle response seems improved also.

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Dont let them do a 'clean and reprogram' on the throttle body. They did that to my sierra and two weeks later they had to replace the throttle body. really, I do that all the time on our 6.0s
    sometimes warranty work has to follow certain flow charts. before parts can get put on

11. durallymax

durallymax Senior Member

a failing NSBU switch would cause this on 5spd Allisons, not sure what the setup is on your trans though.