1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

09 blizzard

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by beam, Mar 5, 2009.

1. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

any body got pics of them yet????? Heard they changed a whole lot!!!:confused:

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

havent seen any pics or heard anything. what did you hear that they were changing?

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

No pics, look like white Wideouts for the most part.

4. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

That is what I heard from j when he called and seen them The next day got a fax A SALES REP will contact us about recent developments with blizzard, fisher and westerns. And also talk about sales territory restrictions and new dd future!!!! I did not get phone call yet but can't wait:sleeping:

5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

I got some pictures of the new 810 from the Truck show I attended in Chicago on Friday. I won't be able to post until monday. They are now all ISO mod systems, with another ISO mod on the plow for all comands. It is all multi-plexing wiring now, with a different controller that does'nt interchange. Western Ultramount framework, lightbar stays with the plow. I am a dealer in Mich., and if you installed nay 7600 or 8000 this past season, it is the same black iron as this, with the big cylinders, and the 810 moldboard with some ribbing gone. Hydraulics are all Insta- act with a whole new manifold and valving. Solenoid is now mounted on plow. @ wire system out of front of truck, no more headlight relays. Good lights are now standard on this plow, Undercarriage is basicly Ultramount with a bar going across for power hitch. Also has 2 switches on light bar, one for power hitch, other for plow control. Made hitch and bottom tube smaller, but production version is suppose to go back to bigger bar and hitch.

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

The slide boxes still as beefy? Is this the whole line up or just the 810? 8611, LP? One of the reason I bought blizzard was just to be able to swap out blades easy, guess that isn't happening anymore!

7. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

So is Western & Fisher going to have a speedwing now??

8. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Whole lineup is changing mounts except for 680 and 720.

Speedwing will be a Blizzard exclusive.

It will also change, but I believe there are still some old style available in 760 speedwing.

Read my post. I said camera was at my shop, not able to post pic till Monday. Thank you.

Blizzard, Western, and Fisher Poly salt spreader now have a drag chain, not a rubber conveyer.

9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Is this on the 09 models? Anything else change like the motor?

10. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like im liking blizzard's more now with the lights being mounted to the plow now, and with the better lights being stock with it. cant wait to see some pics of it.

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Good for you, I'll never buy one.

12. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Its pretty sad how saving a few bucks, and "lightening up" a plow is more important then a quality product.
    The good news is at the rate DD is going with these they should be speced for half tons soon.

You should see the Super Duty mounts :rolleyes:

I wonder why there not chopping steel out of the XLS ?

13. lilweeds

Are they going to be that bad? I hope not. I like the ultra mount and if it's similar that would be cool, but if the A frame quadrant and moldboard are junk, it would defeat the purpose. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

14. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Sprrdwing and 810 Pictures I got. Sorry guys, this is all, batteries died after these pics!!!

used6 029.jpg

used6 030.jpg

used6 028.jpg

used6 032.jpg

used6 025.jpg

15. lilweeds

The speedwing doesn't look to much different, given the pics and the obvious mounting system. It's had to tell with the 810. Still doesn't look like they have positive stops on them. It's been awhile since I've looked at a wideout up close, but it definitely look different. Question is how will they hold up?

16. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

wow seen the pics the a frame is not as strong a fence post will bend it!!! the mount is not looking very strong either!!! no need for j's nuts not much is going to get in the way probaly will fold to the fenders if your doing 60!! but lets wait and see :sleeping:

17. lilweeds

smaller might not mean weaker. i think dd should have given jerre a test model for this past season

18. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I say we send those shiny new plows out in the real world and see how long till they rust. That will tell weather or not it's a blizzard :drinkup: I guess it is nice that the lights come off but not really a big deal. I used to be really concerned about that, but could careless now. Thanks for the sharing the pic's !!!

,shaun

19. lilweeds

Ya know what else the manifold is STILL upside down!

20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

One more time, otherwise I'm going to PM's every 600 seconds.

There are no positive stops. No need for them from what I was told as they are using 1" cylinder pins that are NOT guaranteed to remain straight.