1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

09 3500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevykid, Jan 22, 2009.

1. chevykid

chevykid Member

thinkin about getting a new 2009 silverado d-max single rear wheels with snow plow package and all the other things how could it hold up with a 9'6 fisher v stainless steel plow on it

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Plow prep option isn't available on the '09's with the D-max. It's one or the other, not both.

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

One word for ya CUMMINS!!!!!!!

4. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

I wonder what the reasoning for that is. Pretty stupid if you ask me. I don't think i would consider a chevy again if I couldnt get the D-max ally combo.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Its easier (ie cheaper) to remove the option rather than upgrade the FAWR. payup

6. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

It may be cheaper, but I think alot of people will pass by the truck. The ally was a nice feature. That d-max ally were the most reliable trucks we ever had. The front ends were a little light but everything else was good. The 03 with the 8.5 vee has 85,000 with no problems except injectors under warantee.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Couldn't agree more Pitch. They've sealed the coffin for many potential customers with that one. I have heard rumors of a FAWR upgrade for 2010..only time will tell if it's factual though.

8. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to the world of Dodge CTD owners in the 90's They changed there mind about snow plow prep on trucks monthly. Trust me wait till next month they will allow a 7.6 RD on a 3500. But that just opens the door to install 8's and 9's.

9. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

B & B coulden't you just order a truck from factory with plow prep or a heavier front axel. I know that dealer won't warrenty if they find a plow on it.

10. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

It's not just warranty. It's also how the extra weight hanging out front effects center of gravity and braking of the vehicle. More goverment crash test problems and lawyers lining up at the door!!

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Read what he said, no snow plow prep packages on 09 Dmax equipped trucks period.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

4800 lb front axle weight rating is as high as it goes (like it's been for years) but now GM feels with the D-max it isn't enough to support it in addition to the plow prep.

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol, I just weighed my front axle the other day with the plow up..............5,640lbs!!! Screw their ratings. :eek:

14. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Chevy.com you can build 2009 3500 with plow prep and d-max

15. kegz_lawn

kegz_lawn Junior Member

16. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I thought it was only the crew cabs that u couldnt get a snowplow prep package?

17. chevykid

chevykid Member

i built one on chevy.com if u get the lt package u can put the plow prep but if u get the ltz u cannot

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Two weeks ago I assisted a local small company with ordering/specing 3 3500 SRW D-Max equipped W/T's with the usually needed optional items....such as the trailer package option, and of course the required plow prep package since these trucks were intended to be plow equipped after purchase. After sourcing through three different dealers they all concurred that the VYU wasn't available with the D-max in any cab configuration any longer...period. After checking into it for myself yesterday morning (and thanks to ahorn)...they were wrong. You CAN still get the VYU with the D-Max on a reg cab configuration...which is how it has been, and has been well known since the new body was first released..and just as I suspected from the beginning. Should have listened to myself and checked the documentation before hand.

And here is that documentation:

3. Includes 15-amp power for backup and roof emergency light, high-flow front

bumper, forward lamp wiring harness, (TRW) provision for cab roof mounted

lamp/beacon, instrument panel jumper wiring harness for electric trailer brake

controller and (NZZ) Skid Plate Package. Requires 4WD models. Not available with

(CJ2) dual-zone automatic air conditioning or (CF5) power sunroof. On Extended and

Crew Cab models, not available with (LMM) Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 engine

Includes (KW1) 160-amp alternator with (LY6) Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI engine. Includes

(K76) dual 125-amp alternators with (LMM) Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 engine.

Not available with (U42) rear entertainment system on 1LT.[/U]

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Our new reg cab has a plow prep, so it has dual alternators. Do you think it costs you any mpg running 2 alternators over 1. I don't think so but I have a freind that swears it does.

20. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Dealers that lie never heard of such a thing.:D What they probally meant was" We don't have it in stock so therefore you can't get it. because we ain't ordering when are lot is full of trucks noone's buying.