1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

09 2500hd deisel plow size

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by orange toys, Nov 15, 2013.

1. orange toys

orange toys Member

Whats the heavyest weight plow I can run safely. How do you tell?
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Go to the plow manufacturer's website and they'll have a selection guide based upon the information you supply about your truck.
  3. orange toys

orange toys Member

according to the few that I checked they don't even recommend putting one on
  4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Give us more info on the truck and maybe we can help. Y'know, color, mileage that kinda stuff
  5. orange toys

orange toys Member

No reason for sarcasm. If you don't have an answer don't post something that's not worth reading
  6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a friend with a fleet of Chevy/GMC trucks. He runs nothing but Fisher 8' straight and 8'6" vee blades. Never has issues with weight. Might want to add frame gussets too.
  7. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

He was just having some fun, don't be such a tool about it. But getting back to your question, I've got a 2500 Ram and I've got a 9'-6" 1,000 lb. v on the front of it. And you're right, according to the website I wasn't supposed to add that much weight to my front end. But I don't plow with a cab full of six people in it, and I've got 700 lbs of ballast against the tailgate, which relieves the front end some.
  8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

What cab and box size do you have? I had an 09 with the duramax, it was a crew cab short box. I had an 810 Blizzard on it. No problems in 4 years.
  9. orange toys

orange toys Member

Same truck
  10. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

It was a joke, jeez. Really, any plow will go on it. The plow manufacturers do their math I guess based on a full cab.
  11. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I'd go with a boss 9'2" V :)
  12. orange toys

orange toys Member

Looking at a speedwing
  13. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn Member

Ive got the same truck as you as well! Just bought it 2 months ago.
    I put a 9.5ft Hiniker flared wing V on it with their "box end" wings. They add about 18" of width. Their website says it weighs 877lbs, which the truck handles just fine. The torsion keys can always be turned up if you want a little more front end height and capacity.

Plowed with it for the first time last night. We got about 2" of really wet and heavy stuff plus a ton of gusty wind. As it got later into the morning there were puddles everywhere near my piles. The truck was excellent. I added around 1000lbs of gravel in order to level out the truck and add some weight over the rear.
  14. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

Any plow you want to put on it will be fine. Just adjust torsion bars and plow
  15. tbi

tbi Member
    from CNY

It will handle a 9.5' Hiniker eve with no problems.
  16. bobo649

bobo649 Junior Member
    from Toronto

ive added firestone air over shock system to take the weight on front end made world of differance
  17. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

Ive got a 07 CCSB Dmax (same frame as you)with a 9' pro plus that has the add on wings and a 1/2" back drag on it, its a heavy plow. Added some frame gussets and some timbrens with a leveling kit. Id be lying if i said it squatted more that a inch when you lift the plow.
  18. bobo649

bobo649 Junior Member
    from Toronto

where are you guys getting gussets from?
    i have 09 dmax crew cab long box with a 810 pp ive put the air shocks
    but from what i understand gussets stop frame from cracking?
  19. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

go to either western,blizzard or fisher they all have a quick match application you can use . just put in all your truck info and it will show the plows they recommend
  20. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

And they'll only show him small 7'-6" or 8' plows because of his diesel. He can put literally almost any size blade he wants on that truck and it will hold it fine. As long as he doesn't have five other people in the cab with him he won't be over his GAWR.