1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08+ Wire harness with older plow, new plow w old harness?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gunsworth, Nov 13, 2011.

1. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

I have a 7.6 standard from 2007ish 13 pin on my 2001 2500hd that I want to swap to my 2002 1500. I was gonna get a new 8ft for the 2500 and put a new harness on the 1500.

So basically my question is, are the 08- harnesses compatible with 08+ plows and visa versa?

I only ask because I see the new harness kits listed with 08+

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The difference is only the dual burn feature. An 08+ harness will have the 5th relay for it, 07 and prior won't. But they both directly interchange.

3. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

Great, I was hoping it was something simple like that. Thanks B&B, this forum would be lost without you!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Happy to help.

Something else I'll add for your specific truck already equipped with the pre-08 harness too; you know you can make it dual burn on both the truck and plow with nothing more than a short piece of wire, a few wire ends and a couple minutes don't you? Google " '99-'02 Dual Burn info " and you'll see how easy it is.