1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 tundra + boss plow

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by 04tundra, Dec 10, 2012.

1. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

Whats up everyone, well this is my second year with this set-up. I'm 21 yrs old and am trying to start my own property management business. The truck has a 3 / 1.5 toytec lift on it. The plow is only 7' wide which was all i could find when i bought it but im looking to get a 7'6'' before next year. im also looking to get a daniels pull plow this year before the snow flies..

me plow.jpg

new plow.JPG

new plow 1.JPG

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice Tundra. Like you said, you definitely need a bigger plow.

3. 07titan

07titan Member

Hey man - nice setup! I have a rear plow you may be interested in. It's a super plow. 8', brand new blue top battery. wireless. Hooks right into your hitch, uses your 7way plug to trickle charge the battery as you plow. Great for ballast weight. I'm in the air of getting rid of it, but if I find anyone looking for a rear plow, I may consider. I used it ALL last year, until I got enough $$ to buy a new front plow. The plow is sitting out front right now. It's 4 yrs old. I'll find some pics and let me know if your interested. Perfect for residential drives. Back up to the garage, drop it, pull forward a truck length, lift, back up and use your front plow to push away. Its the SuperPlow EZ8. The biggest one made.

4. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

pmed you, thanks for the compliments

5. 07titan

07titan Member

My box is empty lol unless you didn't pm me. Lol

6. 07titan

07titan Member

Try sending the pm again. Maybe you have to be "friends" to send pms? I don't know. I can't even delete a spam pm I got back in october. Yet it's the only pm I have lol you can email me at cmhynds2@gmail.com if it's easier.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Need 10 posts to send love notes to each other.

8. 07titan

07titan Member

Ha - can't just fold and hand over anymore. Always something. :) Have you seen the Meyers Super V for half tons? I was looking for a V plow for my Titan but didn't think of Meyers. LOL Your Tundra looks good. Are you doing more residential drives? Or commercial?

9. 07titan

07titan Member

What light you have up top? I just got the STL 18in light bar. Looks close to yours.

10. 07titan

07titan Member

Love notes - hmm lol Don't know what to say to that lol I'm not on here too much so didn't realize the post count! ;) Thanks

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

You should check out the Snowdogg VMD

12. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

lol thats funny

to be honest I dont even remember what light I have but i know its a cheap off brand, but super bright even on a sunny day and never had a problem yet (knock on wood).

ehh i just want a bigger straight blade...i do all resi driveways..trying to build up capital to invest in more equipment and stuff to be able to handle bigger accounts. working hard to sustain this as a life-long career.

13. sld92e_23

sld92e_23 Member
    from Boston

nice setup...you def need a bigger plow..one that will fit into those commercial guides you have on that poly ..lol

14. 07titan

07titan Member

if I knew how to post a picture I'd like to show you my Western HTS I just put on my titan., I'm using my phone so I'm not sure how.

15. sld92e_23

sld92e_23 Member
    from Boston

you should try to get one of these ..lol [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

thats an awesome lookin truck, i wish i had the funds for a bigger blade but for right now this will have to do..mine needs new tires for inspection so im saving up for 295/70 nitto terra grapplers. i was even thinking of bringing it to my buddy to weld some extensions on the plow and call it a day lol.

17. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

295/70 s will be very wide for snow traction , narrower is better for plowing.

18. 07titan

07titan Member

There - I'm on my laptop to post a pic! lol I use the Western HTS.

As for tires - Mine are like 265/55/17 for plowing. I run 295/70/17 in summer. I ran the 265 last year and only put in 4 wheel drive for about 10 secs.

Titanplow.jpg

19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I really want to buy a Tundra of my own and either put a Fisher 7.5' XBlade or an 8' HD on it.

20. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

FYI - I have the tires you're wanting, one word, don't. I am running the 295/70/17 Terra Grapplers and can tell you that they pretty much suck on packed snow/ice. They do very well in the rain, sun and sand, and hold their own in dry powdery snow, but wet or packed snow or ice they get really sketchy. As soon as I can swing it I'll be going to 285/70 Goodyear Duratracs. Before the TerraCrap's I was running 285/70 Goodyear Silent Armor ProGrades which were amazing year round and I got over 50k out them, but like that the Duratracs are a bit more aggressive.