1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 superduty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bobby Blaze, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

where are all you die hard ford guys with the new style body and the 6.4, I'm lookin into getting one in the fall and I'm lookin for some feedback on the new diesels does anybody on here have one yet ?

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Picked mine up last Thursday. IMO nothin different than the 6.0's, still got the lag but alot of power. Looked under the hood today and wow they packed that in there, alot of coolers........

3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Oh another thing - unless you get the 20" wheel option, you'll get the BS Continentals at least in this area. I told them from the get go Continentals = No Deal, came in with them and the dealer forked over 75% of the cost of new BFG's..........

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I second that. Don't even bother with the Continental. My buddy had them on his new '06 F350 and they didn't have any grip on dry pavement. The truck wouldn't move on wet grass in 4wd.

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I think for now I'll withdraw the power comment. The lag is there, has been since Ford changed the gear ratio, but isn't this motor supposed to make more power? I'm gonna search for the torque curves on both motors, just fells different.

And Ford, if you're listening, after spending 50g on a truck, I could care less (almost) how much it costs to fill the thing up with fuel, put that 35 gallon tank back in them............. I drive to town and it uses a 1/4 tank..........

6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I thought it was 38 gal. What did they change it to? The truck is starting to grow on me. I really like the 450, if it only came with the SRW. One day. The 450 starts at $45k. :dizzy:

7. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

My 05 Diesel had a 35 gallon, my 06 gas has a 38 gallon (ouch) but the 08 diesel has a 30 gallon.

I looked at the 450's. They really aren't much more than a 350 for capacity and the DRW wasn't something I wanted.

8. Quality SR

I don't want the DWR either. Too wide. If it came in the SWR i wouldn't think twice. The 250's and 350's are less because they come with the gas engine. The 450 comes standard with the diesel ( $7,000 more) I saw one before, black and it has like wood color leather seats. It looked really nice.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  9. Quality SR

This is what i am talking about, it is a redish color. I also like the captains chairs in the back too. That looks nice.

1.jpg

10. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Nice lookin deal there, I just couldn't go for the darker brown seats, that's actually the King Ranch package.

I got the Lariet with captains seats like that but there's a bench seat in the back. The leather and interior are the same color as that trucks interior.

I looked at the FX4's, they're different on the 08's. The interior has a carbon fiber look rather than the wood grain and the seats have different stiching. Only bad thing for me was colors were only Black, Red and something else I think and the Heat/AC was the normal style. The Lariets have a like climate control, you set the temp where you want it and it'll run the heat or AC depending on temp.

Call me a sucker for luxeries. You leave the house in the am in shorts with it 50 outside and the heat kicks on, go to lunch when it's 90 and the ac is max, never touch a dial.

I also put an AVN 5500 GPS/DVD/Sat Radio in the dash. Ford has a GPS in dash now but it's 2500 and doesn't play DVD's. The AVN is a bit cheaper and we can watch TV at 4am waiting for the snow to stop.............

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

The king Rancg is one nice package. My next truck will have that. Is it needed? Now way, but it just looks great.

12. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

13. Quality SR

Those trucks look like they have alot of ba**s. wesport
    The plowing one looked good. I like it better than "little red" LOL. The equipment hauler one looked good too. Rich

14. Quality SR

I saw another one of these movies today. It was with the 2008 F450 King Ranch, LOADED. Pulling a enclosed 5th wheel trailer ( with 18,000 pounds in it). The guy went through 49 US states (Alaska too, that was wild), and 7 Canadian providences, in i think it was 133 days straight. Averaging 1,150 miles a day. The guy ended up driving into a bull ridding arena. Where he ended at 150,000 miles. I am trying to find the movie. It was pretty cool

15. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

I just ordered one..I run a 8ft. HD Fisher SEHP 2 plug type and there are some people out there aren't sure about the SEHP fitting on the newer front bumper that sticks out more because the hood opens like a Dodge now..with grill and all lifting up exposing the radiators.

I think it should be a good engine as long as we don't beat on it. Expensive to fix..Lot's of stuff under the hood area

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Big deal, how about they plow with it for 1 good season and see how it holds up. I don't think the 'real world' testing that they perform on the road or on their tracks really does a good job of testing and showing where parts are going to fail. JMO

17. Quality SR

I know what you mean Mark about the plowing. I would love to see that. I was thinking about contacting Ford and see if they will let me take one for a year. LOL. The movie did show the stress on those trucks pulling that wait over 150,000 miles. I wonder if Ford worked out those kinks.

18. Quality SR

Hey Mark here is the movie i was talking about i just found it.
    http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/2008superduty/boldendures/index.asp?bannerid=370762|18363325|113294264|21537218

19. Quality SR

The link isn't working. Cut and paste it. Rich

20. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

the company testing helps to some extent. i do agree with you to though mark. i understand they towed 12 to 18k. how good were they on keeping up with the service? i bet they were great. did they nail the gas to the floor like many of us do? doubt it. did they drive it in bumper to bumper for three hours? doubt that too. did they have that truck and trailer going through the mountains more than once? doubt it, probably the levelest part if they did. with the 12k or the 18k on it in the mountains?
    did they plan out this route looking for the easiest possible one? is the truck straight off the line or was it checked a little extra careful before they chose it? how come they didnt bring it over rough terrain? how come they didnt put four thousand pounds of sand in it and bring it plowing? why not bring it OFF ROAD a little pulling that trailer. all that straight driving means less times you put it from forward to reverese. how about having a machine shift that thing back and forth a thousand times?

just too many questions when you see things like this. and in the back of your mind your thinking that if you really wanted to you could beat the snot out of the truck and have it dead or begging to die in one day. not that it isnt a nice truck. it is. least i think it is. hell , i dont own one how do i know? suppose it must be. doesnt mean the truck is proven though..... but hasnt it been over the years? hell, i dunno.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007