1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 Super Duty Hideaways

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by crossboneracing, Oct 27, 2011.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Gonna install a 6 way 60w whelen hideaway kit in my 09 f350 this weekend. Reading on here about melted tail lights? Whats the deal? Seems people only have that problem when mounted in the reverse section of the lamp. Any help is appreciated, dont want to melt down the lenses!
  2. jpar247

jpar247 Member

I have 90s mounted in my brake lights. No melting yet. I could see maybe if they were in the reverse section.

Remember when you install the hideaways in the headlights that they're double walled. Make sure to use the hole saw blank to refill the outer hole after. The installers didn't on mine and they're full of dead bugs and dust
  3. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Sounds good, I wanted to put them in the reverse lights but way too tight in there. Which side did you mount the bulb in? Bed side or tailgate side?
  4. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I have them in an 09 and 11 F350 in the reverse lights and have not had any problems with them. I had to put smaller bulbs in the reverse lamps for clearance. Put them in the tail gate side of the lamp.
  5. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

If you haven't purchased the HAWs yet, I would recommend looking into Whelen Vertex's. They are an LED HAW so there is no risk of any kind of heat production and they are just as bright. While a little pricier, they have their own flasher and a ton of different flash patterns.