1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'08 Silverado mount question

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by CGlisson, Sep 4, 2008.

1. CGlisson

CGlisson Junior Member

Is the mount for the '08's (1500) different than say the 05's? I heard the 2008 Silverado's require a different mount. Any help would be great!!

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Yes, they are different. What plow are you trying to transfer?

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

Is It An 08 1500? And Is It Classic?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:confused: didn't know there was a 08 classic

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

No? I Knew They Did One In 07

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There might be an 08, depends on how many parts they have left. Or they might sell them under the 07 model year to meet the Goverment Regs. Like Land Rover did with the Defender.

7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

haha yeah isnt that the truth

8. CGlisson

CGlisson Junior Member

- Yes I have an '08 1500

- No it is not a classic, just the regular Silverado

- I'm not sure what plow it is. I'm told it is a 2005 Sno Way with 7.5' poly blade and DP. I haven't taken a look at it yet...I was just looking to get some feedback as quick as possible.

Thanks guys!

9. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

so do you have the 26 series snoway?

10. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

yes it is diffrent by the way.....

the new truck uses an 846 mount

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Pull a serial number off the A frame. then we'll be able to help you with what you need a little better.

12. CGlisson

CGlisson Junior Member

To sell or not to sell

It is a 2003 MTD plow. I spoke with my local dealer and apparently the wiring is different for the 2008 Silverado so I would have to buy an adapter kit of some kind. That kit costs about $2k from what he priced it at. I'm not sure I want to hang onto this plow when I'm at 3/5 the cost of a brand new plow. My new question:

Is it worth it to install a plow this old or is it better to buy new?

(Current plow has been serviced every year and has many new parts)

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK, You'd have to convert the mounting system to the new style, and the headlights over to the EIS system.

14. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

ask your dealer what he would give you trade in on your plow... i have so many people looking for used plows so it might be worth your while to trade it in and get a new plow

15. CGlisson

CGlisson Junior Member

What do you think a fair trade value might be? I paid a grand for it a few weeks ago so I'd be happy to break even and get that much. Hopefully I didn't pay way more than I should have. :eek:

16. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

im sure you can get a grand out of it... you could put it on craigslist and get that out of it for sure

17. CGlisson

CGlisson Junior Member

Thats what I was hoping for. It's a relief to know I'm not the only one that thinks it could be worth a little more. Thanks for all your help guys, this has been a gold mine for me.

18. scooterber

scooterber Junior Member

Do you still have this plow setup ? I might be interested in it if your getting rid of it.

Scott

19. CGlisson

CGlisson Junior Member

Yes, I still have this plow.

I decided to get the conversion kit and mount it. It's all done now. I'm currently painting it, so maybe I will post some pictures when it is done!