1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 silverado 1500 install of MM1, not so good.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bgingras, Jan 4, 2014.

1. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

Just got the truck back from having the truck side installed, went to hook up to the plow and We seem to have an issue. The attached picture speaks volumes...any ideas or would a MM2 be the only answer?

WTF plow.jpg

2. myzx6

myzx6 Member

Id take the plate bracket off, which is held on by 4 screws or clips. Next trim behind it just enough to clear the plow, but making sure to leave the holes in place for the bracket so it can be installed when plow isn't attached.

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with the above post.You also need to adjust your leg down one hole so it sits so you can just drive into the plow without wrestling with the plow trying to get it on the truck

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

If you don't mind me asking who installed the plow?

5. That MM1 was not designed to be installed on something as recent as an '08. That was the era that Fisher made those "low profile" push plates to accommodate your issue. That lower headgear looks pretty old...late 90's??

6. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

Sd plow in Belmont. He didn't know I had a mm1. All fixed. Removed plate bracket and did some trimming. Its all good now.