1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08+ Rubber/Vinyl floors look like crap

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MatthewG, Mar 2, 2012.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

What causes the rubber or vinyl floors in the 08+ ford work trucks to wrinkle up like they do. I cant find any that have not turned to complete folded up kinked junk

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Will Ford do anything about it ?

3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

My 2011 is 1 1/2 yrs old and haven't had any issues. I have seen older Fords (mid 90's) like this where they sort of fold up in the corners but not any newer ones. What part of the country are you from? Does your vehicle sit in the heat alot?

4. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

i would be happpy if my mats were ONLY wrinkled. my driver side matt lasted about 3 years before i wore a massive hole in it. 2008 f 550 99k miles.
    on a side note i have wore the corner of the brake pedal down to bare metal. besides standing on the brakes all winter hitting piles too fast truck deliveres roll offs year round truck spends alot of time in nuetral heel toeing brake/accelerrator to wind up pto.:mechanic:

5. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

forgot to add because of the hole i can tell you that the vinyl is not glued to the pad underneath just pressure fitted. the rubber is way more pliable than the carpet the carpet is molded and much more rigid