1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08+ headlight conversion?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by the new boss 92, Jul 9, 2009.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

does someone want to post the link to the thread, i cant find it. or just possibly say whay i need to do it really quick? any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

2. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

do you have an old boss plow and you want update it with the new 08 boss lights?

3. the new boss 92

i have the lights just below the the new 08 ones, and want to upgrade!

4. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

Boss dealer told me to stay away from the New Style headlights. He said they fall apart internally when plowing. I don't know though I have the last model year headlights on mine and they look great.

5. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

the inside did have a recall. when the plow would hit something the reflector would pop off. there is recall notice and if you have the problem it is replacable by warranty. they fixed the problem around Feb/March. the newer light have more out put and have a mounting system is being for stable and more reliable than others.

6. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Anyone have the HID's and if so what do you think?

7. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

they hid from boss have been discountinued, well atleast the old style pre 08. they worked, but they we very very very very very very expensive. I think if you search the forum someone did an aftermarket hid kit and retro into the pre 08 boss light system.

8. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Do a search under BOSS Forums under smartlight and you will find a listing of the BOSS parts required to do the complete conversion.

9. STROLLOSTOWING

STROLLOSTOWING Junior Member

DO NOT convert . back in feb of 2008 when they came out I had purchased one of the last loads to come out of the factory before the change over feb 13 2008 A DATE that will last in my head forever. The new lights did have a repair to deal with but BOSS fixed it and the new lights are awesome . Sell your blade and by a new one with the new lights . If you where local to me I could show you that by the time you buy everything to convert over you should have sold it and buy a new plow ? STAY away from the HID 's look awesome BUT its like a hot blonde looks great but it will cost you in the end .

10. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

I can get the complete conversion package for $475 plus shipping if anyone is interested

11. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

basically you are looking at $395.00 for the parts and $30.00 for S/H. I already included our 10% plowsite discount to Plowsite.com members. This includes wiring, new 08+ headlights, new lightbar, and new mounting brackets w/ hardware. We have everything in stock.

12. the new boss 92

one of the light bulbs are broke so what could i use for replacement? they are pretty odd looking!