1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 GMC strobe install

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by gemrock, Nov 16, 2008.

1. gemrock

gemrock Junior Member

Hey thanks alot guys for helping me with my 08 GMC light install. Never used strobes before for plowing so this year should be good. Here is a few pics of where I installed my strobes. Thanks again and hopefully will use this forum again for the next project.

CIMG0509.jpg

CIMG0510.jpg

CIMG0512.jpg

CIMG0515.jpg

2. High Voltage

High Voltage Member
    from MI

These GMC headlights are a hoot to pull out aren't they.:dizzy: What a pain just to change a bulb if your away from home.:cry:

3. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

when everythings ready to go, put up a video please, we love videos of lights

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

are you legal to use clear were u are. i would have gotten amber tubes

5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Whats with the wave runner hanging in the air?

6. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

smart storage i'm guessing!

7. gemrock

gemrock Junior Member

Your not kiddin What a joke of a design. When you have a design that works like before why change it. Well atleast I know how to do it now.

8. gemrock

gemrock Junior Member

Not sure if they are legal or not. If a cop gives me trouble then so be it. Like most guys here say it's the luck of the draw if a dink of a cop decides to write a ticket for it. The strobes are for plowing and probly won't be used much in the summer so that increases my odds of maybe 3 months of use out of the year!

Oh ya the toys hang from the ceiling here. I have a 4 car garage here and still not enough room. So in the off season the waverunner and sled hang up in the air. It usually takes about 15 minutes to raise or lower so it's worth it. Add a couple of 4x4 crossing the trusses and an eye bolt through the middle and plenty good. No cracks in the drywall in 5 years now.

I tried a video off the carema but wont upload? Any thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  9. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

load it to photobucket.com and up load from there.

10. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Keep me posted
    Chris

11. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member