1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 GMC 2500HD No Lightbar wire harness?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Droozy, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Droozy

Droozy Junior Member

I have a 08 Sierra with VPO snow plow pkg. In the cab i have the marker light switch, But I dont have marker lights.

Anyway, i took the third brake light cover off expecting to find the extra wires, but I don't see anything. What Gives? :confused:

2. Strictly Snow

Strictly Snow Senior Member
    from Oxford

On some of the ones we have it was taped to the headliner. You will have to pull down the headliner at the drivers door opening to find it. Hope that helps.
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It is taped above the drivers side headliner. Why would they put it by the 3rd brake light? That means someone at gm had to use there brain!
  4. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

The relay in the Chevys is behind the front dome lamp and the 2 wires are in the area of the front drivers side windshield.
  5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

the RPO for snowplow prep package is VYU. If it doensn't have that, then you won't have the harness. If it does, it will be under the haedliner as others have said.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's still done that way because they (GM) assume it will be a municipal application, ie the old school beacon with a hole drilled right through the roof toward the center.