1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 GMC 2500HD: bumper notching w/Boss plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pownalmike, Nov 24, 2008.

1. pownalmike

pownalmike Junior Member
    from Maine

I plan on buying a Boss 8'2" V for my 08 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab. My local dealer has not installed a plow on this truck yet, but mentioned having to cut the bumper and perhaps a portion of the plastic license plate area to fit it on. Is this correct? I want to have as little notched as possible. Any pics out there? Thank you.
  2. High Voltage

High Voltage Member
    from MI

There is no need to cut anything. I just installed a 8.2 vxt on my 08, all you have to do is push up on the lower plastic with the mount.
  3. High Voltage

High Voltage Member
    from MI

here is a picture. Oh ya you do have to notch out the plastic skid plate.

BB 045.jpg
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The license plate will be fine but you have to notch out on either side of it about 2". I guess you could push it up if you want but that gets old after a few years. JMO
  5. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

go ahead and notch the hell outta your bumper....i think they are ugly....but then again it is not MY new truck and that is my .02
  6. smegmaman

smegmaman Junior Member

Same setup-no notch

08 2500 & poly v plow 8.2
    No notching-just pushed the plastic up.
    I did move modify the plastic licence plate holder by cutting the bottom half off.
    Gives more room when trying to hook up the plow, yet still looks good.
  7. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

No need to cut. Not sure what JD is saying about it getting old.