1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 Ford Towing Mirrors fit a 03?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chs1993, Jan 15, 2012.

1. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Any one know if the 08 towing mirrors will fit on a 03 superduty?

2. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Yes, I have them on my 03 and LOVE THEM!!

Watch out though, they are ridiculously expensive.

3. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Thanks I thought I saw a picture of them on someones truck on here but wanted to make sure before I got a set

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

yes, but need to do some mods....theres a plastic nipple that has to be cut off,,,and the wiring is different....i have them on my,

5. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Yes you are correct. I am sorry that I forgot to mention that. The plugs do not match up. I was thinking of just fitting and not wiring.

You will have to splice all the wiring.

6. dieselss

I got new connectors. So mine were just plug in after I did the new plugs. Love the heated part

7. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Where did you guys buy them from? I have 07 F550 with power heated and want to keep that option obviously.

8. dieselss

EBay....mine were factory take offs. So there oem

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I wish they'd make the cheaper aftermarket ones like they started with the Chevy's a few years back. I've had the $700 mirrors and the under $200 mirrors and honestly you'd never know the difference. They even make the 06-up style as plug and play for the 99-02's. Been patiently waiting for the 08 Ford ones to surface. I'd be happy with a manual set for my 04 XL.

10. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

be careful with the china knock offs, i have a set of towing mirrors i put on my 01 to match my 05 and they are NOT the same, even though they look very similar, the coverage is horrible and slightly askew. i ended up backing into and swiping a car with the china ones because I "knew where I was" using the mirror like I would my OEM's on the other truck.

I am looking for a set of OEM's 08+ for my 01 and maybe my 05 too if I can stumble across some. I will NOT buy the china ones again.

11. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Thanks everyone for the info! dieselss thats what im doing is bidding on a set on ebay that are oem take offs. Luckly I only need manuel ones there going on a truck that has the ******** sport mirrors on a work truck package.

12. dieselss

Ok. But the power and heated are Soooooo much better... I understand tho

13. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I Have them. Found a set of oems on ebay for 500 a cupple years back. Have to cut a plastic tab off and hard wire them up. Best pickup truck mirrors ever!!

14. dieselss

Yep. Did ya get the heated ones?

15. ultimate plow

from N. IL

Yes.............

16. dieselss

Sweet. How did ya switch them?

17. ultimate plow

from N. IL

The runners, turn signals, heat, and power mirrors all function off the factory switches.

18. dieselss

Really. U have factory heated? Nice

19. ultimate plow

from N. IL

Yes My stock 05 mirrors had all the same options I just had to hook up the wires. And of course I sold the 05 ones rather fast to the guys that wanted those options with the older trucks.

20. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Pictures!!!