1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 Ford Headlight problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by to_buy, Dec 21, 2008.

1. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Hello
    I have a 08 Ford Ultramount and the drivers side headlight keeps going on sometime and out , it doesn't matter if the plow is on or off the truck. The Vendor switched out the module thinking that was it but no change. I unplugged the plow light harness and plug the OE connector in and all is well.
    Any hints, I know the truck is multiplexed, but i am baffled.
    Thanks Richard Tobias New Jersey

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

you need a special light harness from DD for your plow. I had the same problem with my (2) 08' dumps this year with the new blizzards installed. The reason for the harness is that the computer system can reconize when additional lights / or even when lights go out aka changing the amperage. Once that changes the computer gets kinda screw. I know western has a special mod with isolations and a whole bunch of fun stuff for your truck. The blizzards ones (which is also owned by DD) ran me $305.00 a peice.

Ken

3. sharpcutlc

sharpcutlc Junior Member

Hey i had the same problem on my 08. take it to the dealer and they need to re-program the trucks computer with a upgrade for snowplows. had it done and all is perfect and at no cost.

4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Here's the TSB

Headlights inoperative on snow plow equipped trucks:
    On 2008 F-SuperDuty trucks the smart junction (fuse) box--SJB; monitors circuits for excessive current loads to determine if a short circuit occurs. The SJB may interpret switching from factory headlights to plow frame lights as a short and will shut down the headlight power. The SJB can be reprogrammed to prevent this from occuring. Broadcast Message 6987, TSB 07-9-1.