1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 f350 Warranty question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by nor'easter1, Dec 11, 2010.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Earlier in the week I heard the beautiful sounds of a belt chirping. I have a f350 gas v8 with 31,230 miles on it. Had to go out and stopped by the dealer. The service guy heard it and sprayed some belt dressing lube or something on it and said you need a new belt. i told him great warranty right? He said no wear and tear. Now I also own another identical truck bought on same day with over 73,000 miles and no issues. Am I being taken really 31,230 and needs new belt not covered by the almighty warranty. what do you think before I lay out $160 or so next week ?
  2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Not likely that the serpentine belts are waranteed. They consider them to be a wear item. I'm not familiar with the 5.4 Ford motors but you can buy one at an auto parts store for $30-$40. Check your warranty, it probably says belts and hoses are not covered but I would check before just assuming what the dealer says is correct.
    Might take 10 minutes of your time to replace, very easy. Tell the dealer to get screwed which is always the best bet anyways.......
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Ain't that big of a deal but you should be covered under warranty.