1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 F350 to 11 F350 Mount Kits

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jpar247, Oct 2, 2011.

1. jpar247

jpar247 Member

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a new truck. I run a 8'6" Western Pro Plus on my current 08 F350 6.4L. I thinking about upgrading to the new 11 or 12 F350 with the new 6.7L. Does anyone know if I can take the mount kit from my 08 and mount it up to the 11 or 12? I checked on Western's site and they say the 08 takes a 31269 and the 11 takes a 31269-1.

Anyone know the difference?

Thanks in advance and hope everyone has a great plow season!:drinkup:

2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I cant help you on the western side however I did email the Canadian distributor for Fisher, Western Blizzard and was told the older mount will fit my newer truck. A slight modification is required is what they told me. Also said my 8611 LP plow is too heavy for that truck. :laughing:

There is some sort of auxiliary cooler mounted right close to the frame on the passenger side and that's the problem.

I have the older blizzard mount and do not want to get a new plow just because I have a new truck.

3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

need to trim the bracket for the oil cooler on the pass side

4. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

it will work, their is just a smal bracket kit that you need, I will look tomorrow as they just put the mount kit on my '11 last week

5. jpar247

jpar247 Member

Great to hear, thanks for the help guys. Hopefully I can keep my old kit and just trim up a bracket like said before.

6. jpar247

jpar247 Member

How you guys liking you '11 6.7Ls?

7. 05ram

05ram Member

I just picked one up last week and love it. I traded in my ram 1500 and bought an f350. It rides better and is not as loud as the hemi.

8. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I know it is an old thread but what did you have to modify to make the standard mount fit the dash 1 mount. Any help would be would be appreciated.