1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08+ F350/250 Plow Pics

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jpar247, Sep 2, 2009.

1. jpar247

jpar247 Member

Hey guys, new to this site.

I've been plowing over the last couple years with a company but now want to throw a plow and liquid de icer setup on my 08 F350. The only thing I worry about is the amount of ground clearance I'll have up front with the mounting system installed during the off season. I do still use this truck in the summer months in the bush a bit and its also my daily driver. In a perfect world I would like to be able to not see any of the mounting system during the off season.

Any pics of 08+ setups would help greatly. From what I've seen Western systems can pretty much become unnoticeable other then the mounting plates.

Thank you
    Jeff

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you hit the push bar you'll have a lot more to worry about then that.

3. Inverted99

Inverted99 Member

We use Boss plows and you do have to be mindful of the mount especially when pulling up to concrete curbs. I do serious off roading especially when on Wildland Fires and if I plan my line the mount has yet to hang me up.

Here are a couple of pictures and one showing the mount on the front of truck. Take care...Jeff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

I have a western, and when you take everything off, nothing sticks below the air dam (the lower most plastic below the chrome bumper) and highly doubt that I would hang up on it. If something were to hit it, other things would get ripped out from under the truck and not because of the mount.

5. I can second kj kramer on the western setup(by take everything off he means the reciever shoes they are just two pins) on a 250 (that sits about two inches lower then a 350) same deal above the air dam, bigger problems then that if your hitting them etc with the shoes on you do have to watch pulling up to tall curbs

6. jpar247

jpar247 Member

Great to hear guys, I was hoping that I could hide most of the reciever shoes behind that air dam, and just reinstall it in the off season... Thanks again for the pictures!

7. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Nope, you wont be able to reinstall the air dam in the off season, the non-removable part of the mount sticks out in front of the air dam. Today, however, I saw an '08 with a low profile air dam that was above the brackets all together and wasn't notched at all for the mount. If you can find one of those, maybe that will solve your problem.

8. jpar247

jpar247 Member

Ah, ic... Thats a Job 1 air dam. I'll have to look into getting one of those. Thanks again....