1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 F250SD Axle swap at 3500 miles...

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Frozen001, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Well I had been experiencing some noise coming from my drivers front coming from the axle.

After almost a week at the dealer they are awaiting approval from Ford to replace the most of the front axle... new differential housing, axle tubes, and all the internals...

Any opinions on this?? The truck has one 3500 miles and they have not been hard miles at all... only plowed with it 5 times.... The truck is an early 08 built in 5/07, I picked it up in October with 100 miles on it....

I am just leery about getting that all back together right the first time out of the gate...

2. Redsilv03

Redsilv03 Junior Member

Axle was probably set up wrong from the factory, clearances off, low fluid fill, poor machining of ring and pinion. Have seen them all.