1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

08 F250 Headlight HELP

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mg1826, Jan 29, 2013.

1. mg1826

mg1826 Member

During last weeks storm my driver's side headlight on my 08 Fisher 8'6" plow with intensifire lights went out. I replaced the bulb with the plow still attached to the truck and it still wouldn't come on. I then detached the plow from the truck and noticed that the driver's side headlight was out on the truck. I then replaced the truck side bulb and that won't come on either.
    Does anyone have any ideas before I start digging into the engine compartment for fuses, wiring, etc? The truck is a 2008 F250 CC diesel. The directional bulbs on both the plow and truck are working as well as the truck fog lights and the passenger side on both truck and plow are fine. The high beams on both plow and truck for driver's side are also not working. Any help is greatly appreciated!
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like wiring issue
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Look behind the headlight. The factory plug that connects the the plow harness would be a good place to check first.
  4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

and check your owners manual to see if it has headlight fuses.
    i am pretty sure it does.
  5. ygim

ygim Member

Did you figure it out? I am having that same problem.
  6. mg1826

mg1826 Member

I believe my issue was a bad ground. I fixed it but it happened again a few days after when the temp dropped to close to zero. No issues since then, fingers crossed.
  7. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

The number one thing I've come to look for when this happens to our trucks is a bad (plow) wiring harness. With the headlights on, try grabbing the plugs / connectors on the plow and twist / wiggle them. Nine times out of ten on our Fisher plows, I'll find that this will get the headlight to come on or at least flash. That's a sure sign of an internal broken wire. Then you can either buy a splice in connector or the whole harness.

Oh, and if this doesn't work, don't forget to try the fuse box.